About the course
Love weddings? Become a specialist Wedding Planner
The profession of Wedding Planner has developed relatively recently and has become a reliable and very exciting career. Planning what’s probably the biggest day in most peoples’ lives will call on all your organizational skills but also need plenty creativity to design and manage a professional and stylish celebration.
We’ll take you through:
- What criteria to use to choose the best date and the most suitable venue.
- How to be prepared for and imaginative with the wide variety of traditions and themes you may be asked to accommodate.
- To structure the timing of your tasks and plan for all the additional celebrations around the wedding itself.
- To professionally style the venue, dress the wedding party and give guidance on etiquette.
Module 1: Profession of a Wedding Planner
- What is the profession of a Wedding Planner?
- What are the characteristics of a Wedding Planner?
- Client Questionnaire.
- The planning process
- Types of weddings
- Choosing music for the ceremony.
- Choosing music for the banquet.
Module 2: Planning for the Big Day
- Engagement Party - wedding planner’s functions.
- Bachelor party - individual or joint.
- Choice of venue for the celebration.
- Invitations: design and content.
- How to prepare the guest list.
- Flower girls and pageboys - functions.
- Rings and symbols of partnership.
- The speeches - who, how, when and why?
- Event checklist - Video tutorial
Module 3: Dressing the wedding party
- For the bride
- For the groom
- For the bridesmaids, best man, flower girls and page boys
- Other things to consider when dressing the bridal party
- Make up
- Hair colour and style
- Nail care
Module 4: The Reception, Party and Gifts
- Choosing the banquet menu.
- Complementary Services.
- Floral decoration for the church, for the couples’ mode of transportation and for the banquet location.
- Layout of tables.
- What to give to your guests?
- What to give the couple?
- Capturing lifelong memories:
- After party.
- The honeymoon.
Module 5: Budget, Payment and Review
- Final Budget
- Sample Budgets
- Incidence Analysis
Module 6: Marketing your Wedding Planner business
- Market research
- Build your brand
- Take advantage of low cost marketing techniques
- Make your website work hard for you
- Use social media
- PR and advertising
Module 7: Starting your Wedding Planner business
- What help is available
- Setting up your business
- Running your business