About the course
Have you ever dreamed about impressing a bar full of customers by mixing exotic cocktails and serving them with flair? Or of satisfying the most discerning taste buds in the café with professional, barista-prepared coffee? Become a skilled bartender in weeks…
Dream no more – make it a reality!
Start your Bartender & Barista Training today and in no time at all you’ll have a new passport to many exciting jobs and locations, anywhere in the world.
Module 1: Before you start – tools and set up
- Bartending tools
- Setting up
- Essential bar supplies
Module 2: Setting the stage for stylish bartending
- Storing and serving
- Hygiene and safety
- Garnishes and mixers
- Style and presentation tips
Module 3: Mixology and pouring
- Mixology - Shaking, Mixing, Layering, Blending, Stirring, Straining, Dry Shaking, Muddling, Throwing & Building and Jigger
- Pouring techniques and free pouring
Module 4: Responsibility and flair
- Cash register
- Customer service
- Responsible serving of alcohol
- Flair bartending
Module 5: Know your drinks – liquors, liqueurs, whiskeys, brandies
- Whiskey – history and how it’s mad
- Types of whiskey – American, Canadian, Irish
- Brandy, Cognac, Armagnac
Module 6: Know your drinks – wine, beer, tequila and more
- Vodka, Gin, Rum and Scotch whiskey
- Tequila and Mezcal
- Wine, port, sherry and vermouth
- Beer – keg and cellar management
Module 7: Know your drinks – creams, sours, martinis and more
- Two liquor drinks
- Cream drinks
- Sour drinks
Module 8: Know your drinks – hot, exotic, highball and more.
- Highball and juice
- Exotic drinks
- Hot drink
- Shooter drinks
- Cocktail recipes
Module 9: Origin and cultivation of coffee
- A look at the coffee bean and its journey to our cups.
- Coffee varietals, cultivars and hybrids.
- How coffee is harvested and processed.
- Roasting techniques
- What happens to taste and quality through processing
Module 10: Preparing to brew
- Introduction to brewing methods
- Tasting tips
- How to prepare your coffee machine
- Setting your grinder.
- How temperature and humidity affect coffee grinding.
- Filing the handle and tamping the grinds.
Module 11: Grinding and espresso
- A close look at the grinder
- Cleaning your coffee machine
- Storing coffee and why it matters
- Single bean or blended?
- Espresso trends and shots
- Espresso brew ratios
Module 12: Cream it up
- Does your crema measure up?
- The science of milk and how it changes coffee
- Steaming, frothing and giving texture to milk
- Choosing your jug and pouring freely
- Being creative with latte
- Coffee menu – Americano, Macchiato, Cappuccino, Mocha etc.