About the course
This qualification is designed for people who wish to start a career working as an events manager either with an established events company or by setting up their own business. On this events management course you will learn the necessary skills to work in this industry and develop your knowledge of planning events to strict guidelines and providing quality customer service to your clients.
Study Time: 100 hours
Enrolment length: 12 months
Course Format: Online
Entry Requirements: None Specific
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC Diploma. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain this Event Management Level 3 qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are six assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
The Role of the Event Planner
- Understand key characteristics required to be a successful event manager
- Analyse how you can provide quality customer service to clients and be reliable on the job
- Look at ways in which you can work to listen and support your clients in all stages of planning events
- Describe ways in which you can offer great services to meet your client’s needs at all times
The Event Management Process
- Investigate the ways in which you can record and keep information regarding your clients and services
- Describe potential issues while working as an event manager and how obstacles can be overcome
- Explain the decision making process and how to ensure the correct venue is selected to meet your clients specifications
- Explain the entire event planning process from start to finish
Types of Events
- Outline key factors about organising charity events
- Outline processes when organising birthday parties
- Outline requirements of black tie events and formal dinner parties
- Outline what needs to be taken into account when organising outdoor events and festivals
Health and Safety
- Describe what is needed to be included in a health and safety policy
- Analyse the process of carrying out risk assessments
- Compare the health and safety needs of large and small scale events
- Explain the role of a health and safety coordinator at an event
Planning Private Events
- Understand ways in which a good relationship with clients can be built and how this helps when planning small, intimate events
- Analyse ways in which problems can be overcome by working with clients
- Examine the process of organising small events in private homes
- Plan and organise small scale corporate events
Running an Events Management Business From Home
- Understand various marketing techniques for you to use to attract new clients
- Identify types of financial information that is required by HMRC
- Assess types of IT systems and technology that can be used when running an events management company
- Describe the process for starting a new business from home
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|