About the course
The twenty information packed modules will teach you the following:
- Understand passenger aviation. This covers the history of cabin crew members, what to expect when working as a member of a cabin crew and the hierarchy on the airline.
- Learn about the different aircraft’s you can work on from private charters to budget flights and which offer the best career prospects looking forward.
- Get an understanding of the aviation rules. You will learn which governing bodies regulate British air travel, what ATOL is and how the regulations change and what you can do to prepare for these changes.
- Identify with various aviation abbreviations. Know when they are used, why you need to know them and the most common abbreviations you will hear throughout your career.
- Learn how to adapt to different time zones and how currencies are calculated.
- Get an understanding of weather conditions and interruptions. You will learn more about turbulence, what weather conditions can impact a flight and how to keep your passengers safe.
- Know the layout of a commercial flight from the area names to what areas you can and cannot enter.
- Learn about communications systems and passenger announcements. You will learn how to effectively communicate with passengers and flight crew. You will also learn how to adapt your tone of voice when using the communications systems.
- You will learn about the galley (kitchen). You will learn how to keep it safe, how to use it for storage and how to maintain privacy in the galley at all times.
- Learn about emergency exits on the plane from the different types and locations to opening them in the event of an emergency.
- Learn everything you need to know about hand luggage from when its not appropriate to legal guidelines, restrictions and storage.
- Understand emergency equipment and how to use it.
- Learn about the different flight procedures and what you need to know.
- Know the different types of emergencies you may be faced with when on duty.
- Know how fires on board may start and how to handle them effectively.
- Learn the importance of health and safety for crew and passengers.
- Get essential medical and first aid knowledge you may need during a flight.
- Understand about your uniform and personal grooming and why it is so important.
- Get useful advice on fatigue management.
- Learn valuable crew resource management tips and advice.
To get 80% off the course fee, please use the code JOBSTODAY80 at the checkout.