Control and Administration of Medication - Level 3 - Health & Social Care Training - CPD Accr...
Provided by HL Services
About the course
CONTROL AND ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICINES (LEVEL 3)
This medication online course provides all the knowledge requirements for the safe control, handling and administration of medicines in social and domiciliary care environments. This course is designed for managers or senior care workers to enable them to supervise or undertake the administration of medicines in their particular care setting and in accordance with current legal requirements.
This medication online course meets the requirements for and covers in its entirety the Learning Outcomes for the "Knowledge Set for Medication" as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005: Following successful completion, individuals must be observed by a designated person to competently administer a range of medicines. We can provide registered students with a downloadable proforma for this purpose. Following successful completion of the theoretical and practical components, a manager may recognise an individual as a person designated for the administration of medicines.
- Describe the key legislation and guidance relating to the safe handling of medicines
- Identify how organisational policies and procedures ensure the safe handling of medicines
- For a range of care settings and both medical and non-medical care staff, outline the process for the prescribing, dispensing, obtaining and checking of medicines
- Outline the range of support and guidance available relating to medicines and explain the importance of confidentiality relating to disclosure about individuals medication
- Identify the types, purpose and classification of medicines commonly administered
- Explain the routes by which medicines may be administered, the related rules for administration and level of competence required
- Outline the importance of checking for, recognising and reporting effects that can occur as a result of an adverse reaction, a contraindication or an interaction between medicines
- Explain the need to gain consent and undertake risk assessment prior to the self or secondary administration of medicines
- Describe the importance of the preparation for and administration of medicines to ensure accuracy
- Identify the importance of accurate recording for the administration and refusal of medicines and administration errors
- Recognise the requirements to validate the accuracy of safe storage and recording for medicines and for their safe disposal
HL Services offers CPD Accredited and Certificated online training courses following the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
The online nature of the courses means that they are cheaper, but do not compromise the quality.
We take pride in our customer service, offering dedicated Tutor Support via email, online messenger and telephone.
The test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade.
The learning can be viewed after the test for future reference..
The courses come complete with both online "class room" style training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning.
You have 12 months in which to complete the course.
All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
You are able to access training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
The average course takes 2 to 4 hours.
At the end of the course you will be able to prove your knowledge as well by having skills that they can apply and evidence in the workplace.
If you are looking for training services so that you can support your staff, remain compliant, get a new job, start a new career or expand your current learning and development then this the place to start.
The courses are accessible for everyone so even the busiest care worker or care manager will be able to fit some learning in to their lifestyle. This is especially useful for those doing shift work and uneven work patterns so unable to commit to a regular training course and persons new in to the Health & Social Care Sector.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|