About the course
There is a lawful requirement for every licensed premises to make sure that they have an age verification policy relating to the supply of alcohol on their premises. This online age verification training course enables you to complete the legal requirement by providing you with a model age verification policy and by detailing each of the procedures you need to follow in order to verify the age and I.D. of younger and younger looking customers.
- Current law on age verification for alcohol sales
- How to go about challenging for proof of age
- Exactly what a policy on age verification should say
- How to make the decision to ask for proof of age
- Explaining why you are asking for a proof of age
- Identifying which proofs of age are and are not acceptable
- Some common conflict scenarios
- Procedures for putting the policy into practice
- Refusing a proxy sale of alcohol
- How you should deal with an angry or abusive customer who wont take no for an answer
- Techniques to adopt if the customer wont accept a refusal to serve
- Your exit from a high-risk situation
- The consequences for failing to implement a policy on age verification for the sale of alcohol.
HL Services offers CPD Accredited and Certificated online training courses following the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
The online nature of the courses means that they are cheaper, but do not compromise the quality
We take pride in our customer service, offering dedicated Tutor Support via email, online messenger and telephone.
The test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade.
The learning can be viewed after the test for future reference.
The courses come complete with both online "class room" style training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning.
You have 12 months in which to complete the course.
All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
You are able to access training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
The average course takes 2 to 4 hours.
At the end of the course you will be able to prove your knowledge as well by having skills that they can apply and evidence in the workplace.
If you are looking for training services so that you can support your staff, remain compliant, get a new job, start a new career or expand your current learning and development then this the place to start.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|