Safeguarding Children Practice Level 3 - Health & Social Care Training - CPD Accredited
Provided by HL Services
About the course
Safeguarding Children Practice Level 3
This safeguarding children course is designed to give everyone who works, or has contact with children, young people and/or their families, an introduction to safeguarding and to raise awareness of the below areas.
- Legislation and guidance
- The recognition of child abuse
- How to respond to concerns
- Who to contact when there is a concern
- Fulfilling "duty of care"
- Safe practice and keeping children safe
Vulnerability and Protection
- Define the legal status of the child and the concepts of child vulnerability, child protection and significant harm
- Explain the concepts of protection, vulnerability and significant harm
- Identify the responsibility of individuals and organisations in protecting children
- Recognising Abuse
- Define abuse and identify the indicators and related examples of physical and emotional abuse
- Identify the indicators and related examples of sexual abuse and neglect
- Recognise the signs of abuse and bullying
The Legal Protection of Children
- Explain the nature of child protection law and the detail of The Children Act 1989
- Identify the range of relevant child protection orders
- Define the Children Act 2004 and explain the importance of the Disclosure and Barring Service Child Protection Procedures
- Identify the range of child protection procedures
- Explain the range of post-referral procedures
- Apply a range of knowledge and understanding to solve practical child abuse situations
HL Services offers CPD Accredited and Certificated online training courses following the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
The online nature of the courses means that they are cheaper, but do not compromise the quality.
We take pride in our customer service, offering dedicated Tutor Support via email, online messenger and telephone.
The test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade.
The learning can be viewed after the test for future reference.
The courses come complete with both online "class room" style training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning.
You have 12 months in which to complete the course.
All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
You are able to access training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device
The average course takes 2 to 4 hours
At the end of the course you will be able to prove your knowledge as well by having skills that they can apply and evidence in the workplace.
If you are looking for training services so that you can support your staff, remain compliant, get a new job, start a new career or expand your current learning and development then this the place to start.
The courses are accessible for everyone so even the busiest care worker or care manager will be able to fit some learning in to their lifestyle.
This is especially useful for those doing shift work and uneven work patterns so unable to commit to a regular training course and persons new in to the Health & Social Care Sector.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|