Registered Social Worker (Older People)
Are you a Registered Social Worker in the Birmingham area of West Midlands looking to break away from the mould and join a charity that gives you the freedom to create unique and creative care plans?
This is a part time home-based role, 30 hours per week to cover maternity cover. You will be supporting clients within their own homes in the Midlands area.
Our client, a registered charity support first and second generation refugees within their own homes and out in the community. It is their aim to support individuals and families to rebuild their lives and integrate into society. You will be joining a supportive team who allow you the freedom to love the job you want to do!
As a Registered Social Worker, you will be the main point of contact with your clients, building and developing their trust. Your main duties will include:
- Offering guidance, advice and practical assistance when needed
- Visit your clients in their homes, ensuring they are financially eligible for
- Recommend any forms of assistance or other services that are available
- Be empathic, open minded and be respectful of their community, attending community and charity events
What experience and qualifications will you need?
- Be a Registered Social Worker (CQSW, BA Social Work, DipSW)
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working with local authorities
- Be registered with the HCPC
- A creative approach and empathic nature
- Have a UK driving license and have access to a vehicle
- Ideally you will have experience supporting elderly people within the community
The role of Registered Social Worker is an exciting opportunity, with every day different from the next. If you have an empathic nature and passion to support people within the community, then please click on apply!