Do you have previous transport industry experience?
Has anyone ever told you that you are outstanding at what you do?
Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding new job as an Operations Assistant?
We are looking for a fearless and talented individual like you who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
CitySprint are on a Fast track to become the UK's leading courier services provider, with current market domination of the same day service areas already.
Through regular investment in market leading technology, we are paving the way for courier services to be more intuitive, more capable, and more responsive in real time than ever before!
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our values, vision and customers. So naturally we need to secure top-notch talent to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where you come in!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Assistant to join our team in Gatwick on a permanent basis.
For this role, we are looking for a driven, self-starting individual who has existing experience ideally within a transport, Logistics or FMCG environment
The purpose of your role will be to provide a high level of support to the control and operations of the London Service Centre and ensure a high level of customer service from booking to completion.
The main responsibilities within the role are:
- Confidently deal with all incoming courier calls, internal calls and control requirements quickly, courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Be adept in using the in-house computer program CityTrak and X-Despatch 3
- Be able to resolve and direct customer, courier, and control queries by effectively communicating with other departments.
- Ensure that client operational queries are dealt with effectively and promptly
- Confidently call clients to inform of any delays to deliveries
- Work with Controllers to maintain high level of service and communication
- Communicate with Account Management and Sales to ensure that new business and Platinum clients get an enhanced Service Level
- Respond to email requests within 60 minutes
- Work within the 20 minute and 30 minute pick up time for clients in Central London on Bikes and Vans and ensure clients are notified of any delays.
- Assist the Account Management and Sales teams with implementing new business, ensuring concise docket information is added and communication is passed back to Account Manager
Additional Salary Info: Pension, Medicash, Ride2Work, Childcare vouchers
Operations Controller | Assistant | Transport | Operations | Customer Service |
The key skills we need you to have for the role include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication including:
- Pleasant and friendly telephone manner at all times.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to the needs of the customer and their requests for service and assistance.
- Manages difficult customer and courier situations, quickly recognising signals of a disgruntled customer or courier and responds in a calm and professional manner.
- Comfortable using computers and adept in using search tools, browsers and also email features; attaching files to correspondence, utilizing tracking and management features, including CRM
- Accurate data entry abilities
- Client operational queries are dealt with effectively and promptly and the client is made fully aware of the outcome.
- Excellent levels of punctuality and attendance.
- Works well as part of a team, is objective and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, gives as well as welcomes feedback, contributes to building team spirit, aids others to succeed.
- Recognises that by the nature of our business, we may at times carry information or items that are highly sensitive and confidential and acknowledges and respects this.
If you feel you are able to fulfil the role described above please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria.
"We do not require the assistance of agencies for recruitment - thank you in advance."
About Our Company:
CitySprint deliver flexible, reliable, and innovative and technology led courier and logistics services. As well as being the UK's leading same day distribution network, we have a range of UK Overnight and International and specialist services, including 1-hour delivery timeslots for retail, our Healthcare offer and even in-night deliveries.
Our investment in leading-edge technology and systems is what drives us, always with the goal of improving our customers' experience with us.
At the heart of our business are our people who are committed to providing the highest standards of customer care. Who our customers choose to partner with matters and we make it our ethos to always deliver excellence in the services we provide.
To always stay on top of our game, we employ the best talent with the right expertise and knowledge to support our customers and ensure that we continue to improve and grow.