Business Development and Training Manager
PTRC Education and Research Services
Job title: Business Development and Training Manager
Reporting to: PTRC Director
Key Objectives of Post:
To lead the development and delivery of educational activities provided by PTRC.
- Support the work of senior staff in the forward planning of training events, including research into competitors’ products and liaising with colleagues toidentify and implement new conferences and training courses.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of sales targets for all PTRC products. This includes liaison with PTRC’s director to determine the range of products to be sold and a strategy to meet targets.
- Responsible for the analysis of sales figures.
- Monthly reporting of financial and marketing results.
- Line management of one direct report, including recruiting, training and mentoring as necessary .
- Marketing of products, including preparation of marketing campaign strategies and coordination of print and digital advertising. Production and distribution of print and digital brochures, management of group email dispatch and newsletters.
- Management of the production and analysis of customer feedback.
- Sole responsibility for the management of the Transport Practitioners’ Meeting (TPM) conference, included sourcing sponsorship, marketing strategies and securing new business opportunities
- Providing support to PTRC-related forums, generating new business opportunities
- Excellent organisational skills - ability to co-ordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication and networking skills
- Clear attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics required; Intermediate InDesign and Photoshop experience preferable; experience maintaining webpages, knowledge of HTML/CSS an asset
- Possesses a keen interest in transport issues
- A confident, pro-active personality and a self-starter
- 2:1 undergraduate degree preferred, however demonstrable work ethic and wider relevant experience will also contribute
Flexible Working Some flexibility may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role. This may include occasional overnight stays.
- The post holder will be required to work with minimal supervision on a day-today basis and will have to work in close cooperation with the rest of the small team within the London office
- The post requires a very competent individual who is willing and capable of fulfilling a wide range of duties commensurate with a business with few staff
- A friendly disposition and the ability to be an active team-player are important together with an enthusiastic and pro-active approach to all aspects of work
- This is a varied and interesting post with scope for development
- We require a willingness to occasionally work outside regular office hours
Background to PTRC
PTRC Education and Research Services Ltd is a company within the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK) and is an international, multi -disciplinary training and development organisation specialising in training and staging events on all matters relating to transport and travel planning. It was formed in the 1960s and has built a reputation for the quality and professionalism of its activities and as the market leader in the field. PTRC provides training courses, study tours, workshops, seminars and conferences. Clients include highways, traffic and transport practitioners in government, local authorities and consultancies as well as
practitioners in the charitable sector. Services are delivered both in the UK and internationally.
PTRC is a commercial organisation whose revenue is derived from educational activities in the UK and abroad. It currently has a portfolio of more than 30 courses and seminars and is continually looking to increase the number of events.
Please apply below.