An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer to join Ready Homes, managing a portfolio of properties in Canterbury. This role involves working from home with daily travel to provide direct support and management to the Service Users.
Ready Homes is a division of the Clearsprings Group and one of the leading private providers of short term accommodation and support services in the UK.
As a Housing Officer your duties and responsibilities will be:
Supporting the Service User (SU)
- Manage a caseload of Service Users.
- Attend dispersal and conduct induction of SU into property.
- Sign-post as necessary to support agencies, social workers, support team etc.
- Conduct visits and report any incidents, SU issues, absconders etc.
- Ensure SU’s are Moved On when requested by KCC.
- Ensure that health and safety of SU’s are maintained at all times.
Managing a property portfolio
- Complete basic maintenance with the portfolio.
- Conduct inspections and report defects as required.
- Ensure all items within property are replaced /repaired as required in line with inventory procedure.
- Prepare property for re-occupation after SU’s move on within the given timescales.
- Ensure terminated properties are effectively prepared for hand back to landlord.
- Effect minor property repairs if necessary.
- Ensure the properties are maintained according to Health and Safety guidelines and company procedures.
- Ensure stores are maintained in line with purchasing procedure.
Communication and Liaison
- Keep up-to-date with all written and verbal communications (i.e. emails/messages/calls).
- Ensure all records are maintained and kept up-to-date according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate property certification documentation is produced and recorded.
- Liaise closely with SU’s, line manager, team members and other staff.
Assist in the local stakeholder involvement process by attending meetings as required.
- Ability to remain calm and in control under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative
- Comfortable with adherence to the rules of the operation
- Good general standard of health
- Smart professional presentation
- Ability to carry out basic maintenance
In return for this you will receive a salary of £19,500 per annum.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 963381411 / INDHP