Repairs and Maintenance Operative
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Repairs and Maintenance Operative to join Ready Homes based in Ashford.
Ready Homes is a division of the Clearsprings Group and one of the leading private providers of short term accommodation and support services in the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Property, the jobholder will be responsible for undertaking both responsive and planned maintenance tasks to properties within the business. You will be required to carry out repair / installation as necessary.
As a Repairs and Maintenance Operative your duties and responsibilities will be to:
Carry out tasks in occupied and empty properties such as the following:
- Plumbing: Carry out a range of plumbing repairs and minor installations.
- Carpentry: Carry out a range of carpentry and joinery repairs and installations including installation and/or repair of various windows, doors and frames, UPVC components, framed ledged & braced, ledged and braced and internal plywood doors; fences, soffits,fascia and bargeboards. Joinery work including the fitting of and/or repair to architraves, skirting bath panel and frames, the fitting of kitchen units and worktops, the fitting and repair of double glazed units, locks, floorboards, and stud walls.
- Plastering: Carry out a range of plastering works including reskimming, rendering, patching and Artex cover up.
- Painting & Decorating: Carry out a range of painting and redecoration tasks including prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding and steam cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/ sealant. Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
- Groundwork: Carry out a range of groundwork, fencing and clearance repairs and renewals
- Clean and Clear: Ensure the cleaning of all communal areas, offices, toilets and external areas and in accordance with the company standard. To ensure all accommodation is clean and fit for purpose. To ensure company procedures are adhered to and all cleaning records are completed and up to date.
- Other duties as deemed reasonable by the Head of Property Services.
Communication and Liaison
- All communications must be kept up-to-date (i.e. emails / messages / telephone calls)
- Liaise closely with line manager, team members and other teams
- Liaise with field based staff and other group offices
An ideal Repairs and Maintenance Operative will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated written or oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
In return for this you will receive a salary of £21,000 per annum, plus £4,000 van allowance.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 963381412 / INDHP