School Business Manager
School Business Manager
Newick Church of England Primary School
Full Time (term time only) 37 hours per week
Salary £27,721 - £36,120 per annum (Pro-rata)
We are looking to appoint a School Business Manager to join our outstanding school, set in a beautiful village location which has a reputation for its warm and welcoming atmosphere. We are a Teaching School and work closely in partnership with other schools, colleges and universities.
What we can offer:
- A fantastic learning environment, grounds and facilities
- A well-resourced and creative environment
- Enthusiastic staff and pupils
- A committed and dedicated staff and leadership team
- Excellent opportunities for CPD
- Leadership opportunities
- Supportive team of governors
- A warm and positive environment where everyone is valued
- A fun school to work in!
What we are looking for a business manager who:
- Is committed to raising standards for all children
- Is experienced in school business, finance and management (CSBM is essential and a DSBM is highly desirable for this role or equivalent qualification)
- Has excellent computing skills.
- Has the ability to manage the school finances, personnel, health and safety and premises, and line-manage non-teaching staff.
- Has the ability to work at a strategic level, advising Governors and working alongside the Senior Leadership Team.
- Demonstrates a commitment to partnership working
- Works well as part of a team and contributes positively to the school’s aims.
- Understands and can implement effective practices and procedures.
- Has high aspirations for themselves and the staff they work with.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with staff and parents.
Could this challenging and rewarding role be right for you? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
Visits to our school are strongly recommended. To make an appointment or to receive further details please email the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01825 723377.
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th January 2018
Interview date: week beginning 5th February 2018
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.Equal Opportunities
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.