Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
Contract: Part Time / Permanent
Site: Various sites across Peterborough, however Thomas Deacon Academy will be the initial location
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8.30am- 4.30pm, 47 weeks per annum (term time plus 3 weeks)
Starting Salary: £27,368 per annum (FTE £30,280), TD36
Closing date: 15 January 2018
Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
Our core values of Trust; Diversity; Excellence and Transformation underpin all aspects of student and staff life in our academies and gives us a platform to offer innovative and efficient business services.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
We have an opportunity for a dedicated Health and Safety Manager to join TDET to provide specialist health and safety support and advice to the Academies within the Trust.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To develop and implement a clear Health & Safety strategy within TDET.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure TDET meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvement implemented.
The successful candidate will have a NEBOSH qualification or equivalent, have good knowledge of health and safety with a school environment and worked in a similar role previously.
There will be an expectation to work from multiple locations across the Trust, however Thomas Deacon Academy will be considered as the initial location following appointment.
- Be an experienced health and safety professional.
- Be able to use your own initiative to prioritise and organise conflicting ongoing and immediate demands in a pressurised environment.
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with colleagues across the Trust.
- Be willing to participate in any training/development provided by the Trust to support with your role.
- Have strong IT and Microsoft package skills.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- Excellent salary package
- Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme
- Fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment
- Opportunity for of progression across Thomas Deacon Academy Education Trust
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking)
- LGPS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
To apply please click on the Vacancies page of Thomas Deacon Academy website http://www.thomasdeaconacademy.co.uk/ where you will be directed to the application page.
Should you have any questions, wish to visit or speak informally about this role please call the TDET HR Team on 01733 426063.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Trust will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.