Marketing and Events Officer
School of Computing and Engineering
Marketing and Events Officer
£18,177 – £21,052 p.a.
Permanent, Part time: 30 hours per week (preferred working pattern: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, covering 9 am to 4 pm)
Are you a confident and creative individual with experience of working in a busy marketing or events role? Do you love a challenge and enjoy taking ownership for a task or activity?
If you are an effective communicator, able to demonstrate excellent marketing skills and have a proven track record of delivering successful events, this could an ideal opportunity for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive individual to join our Marketing and Recruitment Support team to play an integral role in the development and delivery of the School’s marketing, events and student recruitment activities. This is varied and interesting opportunity to work as part of a busy team across a changing cycle of activities that include a wide range of customer focussed events and the production of online and offline marketing content.
You will need to be flexible in your approach both in terms of activities and working hours as this role will involve working weekends and occasional evenings (please read the recruitment pack for further information).
As Marketing and Events Officer you will:
• Co-ordinate the delivery of all school events and related activities, for example Open Days, Postgraduate Fairs and public lectures etc.
• Work closely with colleagues to co-ordinate and develop presentations, produce copy, and commission imagery and/or, video content.
• Proactively collate, distribute and, where needed, write copy for news items, events promotion and staff/student profiles.
To be successful in this role you will have*:
• Recent experience of working within a busy, marketing or events related role, writing copy for different audiences and co-ordinating events.
• Proven organisational skills, able to manage several projects at once, overcoming challenges and delivering confidently to
• Excellent communication skills and a friendly and approachable personality.
• A degree or equivalent training/work based experience and good standards of literacy and numeracy.
• Excellent computer skills with experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you fit the above description, we want to hear from you. *Please pay close attention to the recruitment pack information and use the online application form to explain how your knowledge, skills and experience match the full Person Specification for the role.
For further details about this post and to make an application please click APPLY, to be redirected to our website.
Closing Date: 15 January 2018
Interview Date: 13 February 2018
Working for Equal Opportunities.
Innovative University. Inspiring Employer