Experienced Test Engineer - Electrical Bias
Are you an experienced Test Engineer with an Electrical bias, looking for a challenging and rewarding new role, within an exciting dynamic Company?
Bladon Jets are currently recruiting for an Experienced Test Engineer to join our dedicated team in Coventry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a renowned engineering company, and use your skills and extensive knowledge within a supportive, engaging environment.
Working as part of the test and development team you will be required to facilitate and assist with a wide variety of development and performance testing on micro turbine generator systems. Prior knowledge and experience working in a multi-discipline environment with a bias towards electrical and controls systems is required.
We are a growing and rapidly transforming the business where the right candidate will have the opportunity to help us transition from a R&D team to full factory capacity production.
A job with variety, working at the cutting edge of engineering in the UK. You will work directly with and test all aspects related to
- Gas turbine engines
- Combustion and ignition systems
- Fuel (and fuel control) systems
- Electrical control and energy recovery systems for gas turbines and generators
- Automated Test Scripting and monitoring
- To devise test techniques for development, production and endurance testing
- To setup, instrument and execute tests
- Support the tests by trouble shooting problems and minimising downtime
- Recording of results and managing the data produced in an organised manner
- Fault finding of the micro gas turbine generator units, supporting equipment etc. And working with the engineering teams to resolve design or implementation problems
- Assisting with maintenance and growth of test equipment and facilities
- Carrying out safety risk assessments
- Creating processes etc that will facilitate our continued growth
- Setting up adequate independant 'self-diagnostic' systems and adequate control methods for unattended endurance tests
Test Engineer |Engineer |CANBUS | Combustion | Gas Turbine | Electrical
- Minimum 2:1 Hons Degree in a relevant Engineering or Science Discipline
- Demonstrable experience with the electrical & control side of a test environment
- Some experience with mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic systems
- A can-do attitude and a strong interest in our fascinating technology is key.
You will be working with an enthusiastic, driven engineering team who go the extra mile to achieve our goals.
About Our Company:
Bladon Jets is a world leader in micro gas turbines, a new generation of green and efficient power unit. With its unique expertise and technology, the company is pioneering efforts to bring this breakthrough solution to volume production.