Assistant Centre Manager
Assistant Centre Manager - Electric Works (Sheffield)
Status: Full Time 40 hours per week. The hours are eight hour shifts between 08:00 to 18:00 with one hour for lunch. The position is permanent subject to the satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
Location: Electric Works, Sheffield with occasional travel elsewhere.
Creative Space Management Ltd (CSML) is an award-winning, specialist commercial property and facilities management company established in 2005 with a growing portfolio of projects and clients across the North of England. The company has 30 employees and has been steadily growing over the last few years providing specialist, added value services to public and private sector asset owners and delivering services to over 500 businesses across its network - www.creativespaceman.com
Electric Works (EW) is located within 2 minutes walking distance of the main railway station in Sheffield, and provides serviced and semi-serviced office accommodation for creative, digital and media companies. The building is operated by CSML on behalf of their clients and delivers a wide range of services including office accommodation for creative and digital companies, conference facilities, IT services, virtual office services and a range of events. It is home to 60 companies with around 400 people working in the building on a daily basis.
The role of Assistant Centre Manager is varied and demanding. You will assist the Centre Manager in the day to day running of Electric Works. You will be expected to support and inspire a small team, and to ensure customers are receiving high levels of customer service in a high quality working environment. Part of the duties will be to market and communicate the service offer to potential customers as well as overseeing maintenance, cleaning and security contracts. You must have outstanding customer service skills and be organised, responsible and efficient. In addition you will take a lead role in the financial management of the buildings including raising customer invoices, posting supplier invoices, bank and petty cash reconciliation, and pursuing debtors. Consequently previous financial experience would be beneficial.
Responsibilities You will be expected to undertake a wide range of duties including but not limited to those listed below:
- Assist the Centre Manager with the day to day management of EW including management of the team and customer relations.
- Ensure the smooth running of conference facilities, customer parking and other scheduling duties carried out by the Customer Service team.
- Maintain and develop the services provided by EW seeking to increase occupancy and the take up of services.
- Providing occasional reception cover, answering all telephone calls professionally and promptly and providing telephone answering services and the relaying of messages as appropriate.
- You will be expected to undertake a range of administrative duties to enable the smooth running of the centre and to assist management in the operation of the company’s business.
- You should handle any complaints in a professional, appropriate manner and ensure that the Centre Manager is informed of any such issues.
- You should work closely with your colleagues to provide a seamless service to clients and constantly look to improve our working practices. You will manage a variety of diary systems including conference room bookings, visitor car parking and Centre Charge.
- You must ensure that all visitors to the centre sign in and out in order to adhere to our Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure that the CCTV system is functioning correctly and that the system is managed in accordance with the Data Protection regulations.
- Assist with administration duties such as filing, photocopying, laminating, faxing, etc.
- Database management for clients’ information, car parking bookings etc.
- Maintain and manage conference facilities including taking bookings and selling EW as a meeting venue, setting up rooms, greeting delegates, etc.
- Take a flexible approach to your working hours to ensure that evening and weekend events and conferences are fully staffed.
- Assist in preparing conference refreshments including hot and cold drinks.
Business support and networking:
- Encourage and stimulate client networking both within the buildings and with partners throughout the region to create a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Provide advice, support and signposting as appropriate for client companies seeking advice or support in the development of their businesses – liaise with key agencies and networks.
- Assist the Centre Manager with the programming of an annual events diary to include social, lifestyle, business and cultural events.
Buildings and Estate Management
- Assist the Centre Manager in ensuring the buildings are maintained and cleaned to a high standard and arrange repairs, maintenance etc. where necessary, promptly and within budget.
- Assist the Centre Manager with the monitoring of maintenance contracts and annually reviewing the quality and effectiveness of these services to ensure best practice.
- Log all faults, repairs and maintenance visits to ensure up to date records.
- Ensure the weekly fire alarm test is carried out and results are logged accordingly.
- Promote and encourage recycling activities both within the centre and the wider estate. Seek to reduce the amount of waste EW contributes to landfill and to investigate new recycling initiatives.
- Be willing and able to respond to out of hour’s obligations both in terms of networking and events as well as emergency call-outs relating to fire safety and security.
- Take a proactive approach to ensure the effective support and maintenance of the telephone and internet systems on a day to day basis, liaising with third parties as applicable to make sure that service level agreements are met.
- Ensure that adequate procedures are in place for effective service commissioning and decommissioning and that client records are kept up to date at all times.
- Monitor and track system usage to detect service abuse and facilitate capacity planning.
- Take a sales role in respect to the provision of telephony and Internet services to clients, maintaining an adequate knowledge of these systems as applicable.
- Ensure that billing is collected and correlated in line with client requirements.
- Assist with updating the content on the EW websites via a content management system.
- Produce monthly sales invoice information and prepare the sales invoices.
- Checking all invoices prior to distributing them to clients to ensure that all invoicing records and data is accurate and charged to appropriate customer accounts.
- Process monthly supplier invoices, check against purchase orders and input onto Sage.
- Pay monthly supplier invoices and draw monthly client direct debits.
- Assist with managing petty cash and reconcile the bank accounts.
- Manage any aged debtors and follow up with debtors as appropriate.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure all relevant Health & Safety regulations are complied with and assist with Health & Safety activities, in particular First Aid and fire evacuation procedures. Ensure that any contractor working on site has undertaken a full risk assessment and that their qualifications & insurances have been checked & documented prior to commencement on site.
- Assist with the setting up of offices for new clients including organising keys, programming security fobs, ordering signage and informing the relevant authorities regarding payment of business rates.
- Setting up new telephones for clients and assisting with Internet connections and support as required.
Sales, Events, PR & Marketing:
- Assist the customer service team in handling new enquires and accompanying prospective new tenants on viewings of offices, providing quotations, etc.
- Organising and attending functions and networking events held at EW or elsewhere as required. Help keep the site’s high public profile by organising tours for visitors.
- Assist the Centre Manager with team meetings and training and development of the customer service team.
- Be an integral part of the team and provide cover for the Centre Manager as and when required.
- To act as an ambassador for EW and for Creative Space Management, ensuring that your behaviour reflects well on the company.
- Any other duties as requested by the Centre Manager or CSML Directors in order to meet the changing needs and demands of the business.
We receive a lot of applications and we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate not only a good knowledge and understanding of the role but who also have the kind of enthusiasm and personality we’re looking for.
We want to see people who are:
- Team players
- Full of initiative
- Fast learners
We try to keep the application process as simple as possible, so all you need to do is send us your up to date CV and a letter of application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Assistant Centre Manager Application’.
The deadline for applications is 10.00am on the 15th January 2017.
Interviews will be held at Electric Works, Sheffield on 18th January 2017