Communications and Marketing Coordinator
CIEL: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The agri-food sector faces many challenges, particularly the need to increase production to feed a growing population whilst limiting environmental impacts and ensuring high animal welfare standards. This is underlying theme of the government’s Agri-Tech Strategy – which included the establishment of 4 Agri-Tech Centres.
The Centre for Innovation Excellence in Livestock (CIEL) is one of those Agri-Tech Centres. First set up in 2016, CIEL provides a single gateway to a group of 12 world-class farming and animal science universities.
CIEL has been established to support & deliver industry-led innovative livestock research. Spanning the entire supply chain, CIEL works with industry, academic and government partners to share knowledge and commission research into livestock production and food quality. CIEL, and the wider family of Agri-Tech Centres, aim to support the UK economy through the creation of new jobs, increased exports and new IP to ensure the UK agri-food sector is world class.
The Centre works nationally and internationally and is based around a small passionate and committed team based at the Science Park in York.
We are now looking to expand this team with three additional members who will support the Centre’s continued growth. To be part of CIEL you will need to have a strong work ethic, be an enthusiastic team member and bring energy and drive to your role. An interest in Agri-tech, farming or the primary food sector would be a benefit but is not a requirement. If you don’t have this background we’ll need to see a genuine curiosity about what CIEL does and a thirst for learning more.
Job Title: Communications and Marketing coordinator
Reports to: Business Engagement Manager
Key Relationships: CEO, Head of Innovation, Financial Controller
Salary: £22-25k dependent on skills and experience
Job Status: Full Time (Part time/Part day working can be considered) 18mth FTA with possibility of permanence.
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Overall Job Purpose
Your role is to ensure that the agreed marketing messages and materials are clear and compelling, delivering consistent communications to CIEL’s target audiences.
Working with the Business Engagement Manager you will have responsibility for developing and delivering the communications and marketing strategy, being involved with all stages of the process from concept to events.
You will be able to work independently, bringing creativity and drive to the role.
- Developing the marketing and communications strategy – and the associated annual activity plan.
- Analysis of industry specific data and surveys to help identify trends and highlight opportunities.
- Monitoring relevant agri-food related media platforms and disseminating information to the wider team as appropriate.
- Creating, producing and maintaining relevant and accurate CIEL marketing materials – printed and electronic.
- CIEL brand guidelines to be produced and monitored.
- Write the regular newsletters and update communications for the different target audiences – CIEL Board, academic partners, industry members, government departments and other stakeholders.
- Identify and write innovation project case studies showcasing successes or highlighting specific themes, for use with partners or external media.
- Take responsibility for writing and maintaining copy for the CIEL Web Portal and website.
- Manage CIEL’s social media accounts using the key platforms to promote CIEL activities and facilities.
- Organise presentations, events and attendance of CIEL team at agri-food events.
- Maintain a library of high quality images, logos and photos for use in marketing activity.
- Coordinate the external PR and media activity – including the messaging for the family of Agri-Tech Centres.
- Act as a positive ambassador for CIEL.
Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- A background in marketing and communications.
- Copywriting content for digital and non-digital media.
- Good consumer and product awareness.
- The ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Webpage authoring and editing skills.
- Existing marketing experience ideally within a B2B organisation.
- Strong track record of project management.
- A background in either agriculture or the agri-food environments.
- A qualification in Marketing, Media Studies or Communications would be advantageous.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrable time management and organisation skills.
- Good teamworking skills.
- IT and Web skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanour.
- Personal confidence and presence.
- The ability to work effectively with colleagues, industry members, academic partners and other stakeholders of all levels.
- Tenacious and motivated to do an excellent job without the need for close supervision.
- Willing to work outside job description to help the team
If you are interested in the above role, please send click apply. Please note that all CVs should be supported by a covering letter including references.
Proposed interview dates are 31 January 2018 and 1 February 2018.