Lord's Match Day Steward
Can you step up to the crease?
- To provide excellent customer service to Members and Spectators;
- Managing spectator safety in Members', public, and hospitality areas, including the Grade II* listed Lord's Pavilion;
- Checking tickets and operating turnstiles;
- Looking after media and broadcasters;
- Dealing with spectator queries;
- Searching visitors;
- Security for players and officials;
- Pitch Protection;
- Offering directions and assistance to Spectators outside the ground.
Calm under pressure, you will have the confidence to direct the public to ensure safety and security procedures and ground regulations are followed at all times.
You'll be warm and welcoming and proactive in your approach to safety, security and our customers, always aiming to anticipate issues and customer's needs. You'll be knowledgeable about the service you offer.
We believe that our Stewards are crucial to making an amazing first impression, creating an experience that goes beyond just "service." We can help you gain the skills, expertise and knowledge you need - but only if you have the passion for people, and the drive to ensure that everyone who comes to our world famous cricket ground receives exceptional service every time.
This is a remarkable place to work and we require our people to work in accordance with our values which are to always be Customer Focused, Accountable for our actions, as well as being Respectful of our History and each other, and always striving for Excellence in all we do.
Safety Steward | Events Safety Steward | Safety & Security Steward | Cricket Steward | Event Safety & Security Steward | Sports Events | Football | Rugby | Hospitality
- Communication skills
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Prior stewarding experience, while welcomed, is not essential
- An ability to think on your feet
Lord's Cricket Ground, owned by the Marylebone Cricket Club ("MCC"), is the most famous cricket ground in the world. It is an exceptional venue with an experienced, positive, and professional stewarding team, who are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the Ground whilst delivering exceptional customer service on both match days and non-match days.
Commitment to work:
All Match Day Stewards applying for the position must be available for 75% of Major Match Days. This equates to a minimum of working 11 out of the 14 Major Match Days in 2018.
2018 Major Match Dates:
- Thu 24-Mon 28 May: England v Pakistan Test Match
- Sat 14 July: England v India 2nd ODI
- Thu 9-Mon 13 Aug: England v India 2nd Test Match
- Sat 30 June: One-Day Cup Final
Please note that the T20 dates have yet to be announced.
Additional information: Free meals on match days, potential to progress to supervisory roles.