General Operative – Job Description.
General Operative Job Responsibilities:
Undertakes general duties such as preparing concrete moulds, laying out bricks in moulds, general concrete finishing duties, pointing bricks, brick repairs and replacement, assisting other operators with anything associated with the production of precast concrete facades.
Reports To: Supervisor
General Operative Job Duties:
- Strips out the casting from the previous days pour.
- Ensures the concrete casting is to a good standard and there are no flaws.
- Removes all inserts, screws, nails, and debris.
- Helps to load the concrete casting onto the shunter trailer ensuring the unit is supported correctly.
- Ensures all shuttering is made good, loose debris is removed, and large items are stored safely and correctly.
- Helps to build and re-set mould ready for pouring. Ensures all job requirements are in place such as;
- Re-enforcement spacers
- Lifting bosses
- Mould release agent is in place
- Uses power tools and machinery as required and trained in the use of to aid manufacturing processes. All machine and power tool risk assessments must be strictly followed and adhered to at all times.
- Set moulds using measuring equipment, tapes, rules, squares, levels, and the like to ensure the unit is correct to specification.
- Is responsible for checking that the unit is correct to drawing and standards. Is supported sufficiently so as not to distort when concrete is poured, is safe for operators to work on or around.
- Ensures the product is quality checked by an inspector for confirmation of compliance to drawing and specification.
- Signs off any quality documentation related to the contract or internal procedures as and when required.
- Maintains equipment by completing any internal/external preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs to equipment.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications, attending any training courses, or toolbox talks as the company sees fit.
- Takes full responsibility for his/her workmanship and is accountable for his/her actions at all times.
- To comply with the requirements of the company’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality system
General Operative Skills and Qualifications:
Ideally has previous experience working in a manual labour intensive environment. Is good working with their hands. Most importantly, we are looking for commitment and enthusiasm. People with a positive proactive attitude will be continuously trained and encouraged to progress though the business.