Stone Finisher – Job Description.
Stone Finisher Job Responsibilities:
Has a detailed understanding of all aspects of stone finishing. Is able to understand drawings and specifications. Knows all elements of stone Finishing and uses his/her skills to undertake works operations. This position is working on large stone-on-concrete facades, blending stone faces using power tools and making accurate joints. This will involve removal and replacement of damaged stone panels, spinning in faces, making repairs to chips, and making ready for pointing activities.
Reports To: Finishing Supervisor
Stone Finisher Job Duties
- Understands how to identify and handle different types of stone including sandstone, limestone, granite, and architectural concrete.
- Must be able to mark out and strike straight edges.
- Must have a good eye for blending straight and curved edges.
- Understands what is expected as an acceptable finish on a stone top, both top and edge.
- Understands different types of pads and grinding wheels available and how they are used.
- Able to spin and polish at consistently good levels of speed and quality.
- Able to accurately create Eased and Bevel edge by hand.
- Able to shape radius corners accurately.
- Able to set up and join two pieces matching colour and mate seams to within shop standards.
- Able to glue and repair chips.
To comply with the requirements of the company’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality system
Stone Finisher Skills and Qualifications:
Must be a competent and experienced stone finisher. Able to think for themselves, is a good communicator, is able to read and understand technical drawings, has a good working knowledge of measuring equipment and masonary tools, and is a self-starter with an enthusiastic “can do” attitude.