Legal Cashier - Leeds - 12 month Contract
A 12 month contract opportunity is available in Leeds city centre, our client is a reputable law firm looking for an experienced Legal Cashier to join their busy team in the centre of Leeds, based a short walk from the station.
The Legal Cashier will work accurately in a small team assisting the Financial Controller, some responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that office, client and nominal account ledgers are updated daily
- Checking and data entry of private client, Legal Aid and Legal Help bills
- Processing payments on account of legal aid fees and disbursements
- Raising cheques in accordance with fee earners or support staff instructions
- Taking debit & credit card payments and processing paperwork for same
- Banking including reconciliation in accordance with SRA accounts rules
- Providing assistance to and cover for other members of the Cashiers team
- Ensuring that transactions and processes comply with the SRA Accounts Rules and HMRC regulations
Previous experience within an Accounts team of a law firm is essential.
A great opportunity to join a well-established organisation, interviews are being arranged as soon as possible.
IPS Finance has over 35 years' experience in the Yorkshire accountancy recruitment market. We have built our business on long term relationships with both individuals and clients in all sectors, bringing real benefits to all concerned. Please visit our website Yorkshire.ipsfinance.com to view the latest accountancy / finance and practice opportunities.