Integrity Engineer - Electrical
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting role! Variety is assured, there are a wide range of responsibilities and you will have a major influence on the work undertaken on NGN's electrical assets.
While your responsibilities will cover the whole network, you will work out of our offices in Moorside Sunderland or Thorpe Park, Leeds
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as point of contact for compliance queries, assessing additions or changes to existing legislation and make recommendations with regard to their impact on Network policies and activities
- Supporting the business with electrical aspects for the approval of new works and modification within the G17 process. You will ensure all work is completed in accordance with compliance and policy requirements
- Carrying out electrical technical site audits and progressing the resultant actions; through management of the audit database; through to completion.
- Liaising with Operations staff, Major Projects and IT support functions to resolve technical issues
- Understanding and interpreting the condition of the companies' assets, to optimise asset investment.
- Effectively managing risk; to ensure the long term reliability of NGN assets.
- Liaising with NGN's delivery teams and other stakeholders, to ensure Asset upgrade programmes are being met.
- Supporting the innovative funding process, by identification of potential projects and budget management
Policy and regulation:
- Reviewing, assessing, updating and developing new engineering documents.
- Representing the Network on Industry Workgroups, that influence Policy decisions alongside external bodies such as Ofgem
- Providing data, prepare reports and compile procedures to facilitate regulatory reporting aligned to NGN Outputs.
- Managing and providing asset data to deliver safety and compliance across the Network, including input into Asset Health indices matrix.
It is essential that you:
- Are educated to a degree or HNC Level.
- Have electrical certifications: EL6, ATEX DSEAR qualified
- Have good experience in operations or project management
- Are a member of IET or equivalent engineering establishment.
- Are a logical thinker, with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have a proactive attitude, can take the initiative and you are a strong team player.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work to tight timescales, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and performance
- Able to use your effective communication, to maintain positive relationships all our internal and external stakeholders
- Are an experienced user of Microsoft Office applications (SAP would be an advantage)
- Have strong customer focus; strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate budgetary and financial acumen.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of technological advances, which may benefit NGN's Assets.
- Hold a full UK driving licence
In addition, it would be desirable to also have:
- A good understanding of Legislative requirements & documentation including G(COTER), GSMR, Uniform Network Code and the Network's policies and procedure which underpin them.
- Knowledge of gas network
- Working knowledge of codes of practice, engineering instructions and safety requirements
- Membership of other engineering establishment, would be an advantage (e.g. IGEM etc).
- Practical experience working in various disciplines within the industry.
- SCO 1&2
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Asset Integrity team are the custodians of NGN assets; with over 2,500 above ground assets (ranging from offtakes to district governors) and 37,000km of pipelines including 1,200km of high pressure pipelines to oversee. The team hold a vital role in the implementation and management of these assets with a view to:
- Improve Operational efficiency
- Minimize asset downtime
- Reduce incidents relating to health and safety
- Increase process optimisation and disseminate best practice
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders external and internal