Our client wants to deliver the best for their customers and continually exceed their expectations. They firmly believe in local, fresh and seasonal produce and they take great pride in their food and service.
Our client is looking for a Head Chef to join their team. It is a position that requires a strong leader who is personable, adaptable, energetic and capable of managing and motivating an extensive kitchen team to deliver excellent food and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the kitchen operation. A key aspect of the Head Chef role will be to train, develop and support their kitchen team.
The Role of Head Chef
- Delivering and maintaining an overall high standard of food with a continuous focus on innovation, sourcing of quality local produce, creativity and above all passion will be a key aspect of the Head Chef role.
- To ensure we deliver a high standard of food always, ensuring all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature and enforcing strict ticket times on service
- To be 'hands on' and that essential time is spent in managing and coaching the kitchen team.
- You will be required to manage/oversee all food purchasing via the approved supplier schedule, using our clients purchasing system which is predominately on line and requires daily management
- Stock holding and stock management in line with fluctuating trading levels of the business
- Manage administration time to ensure you can plan and manage the total kitchen operation effectively
- To work at other sites of the group, offering support, as required
- To ensure all company property is properly respected, used and looked after to reduce maintenance or replacement costs.
Hygiene responsibilities of the Head Chef
- To ensure that all Health & Safety and food safety legislation and guidelines are implemented, adhered to and reviewed regularly, in respect of kitchen production, employees, machinery, equipment and hygiene.
- Daily management of allergen information for all food being served. Being a fresh food site, it is imperative that this information is 100% correct.
- To ensure that the pub kitchen and storage areas are always clean, tidy, hygienic and effectively managed including the use of food labelling and stock rotation.
- The management of the cleaning schedule for daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- To ensure that all UK legislation and company policies and procedures for health, safety and food hygiene are accurately followed and recorded.
- To ensure that temperature records for core cooking, hot holding, delivery and fridge/frozen storage are accurately noted recorded and filed for six months.
- To understand COSHH regulations and ensure that only the correct cleaning products are used within the kitchen and that they are stored safely and correctly
- Effectively managing and developing the kitchen team, providing training and development to fellow team members to ensure best practice across the kitchen and to develop your staff
- To prepare all kitchen rotas in line with the needs of the business to the agreed target and to make these available on our online tool, for labour cost management
- To assist the Pub Manager with recruitment and selection of new kitchen staff, including the appropriate operational training.
- To understand the annual pub budget and your responsibility for managing key cost lines under the kitchen responsibility
- To understand the unit budget and recognise the importance of maximising sales, controlling costs and achieving margins
- To generate and propose new ideas and initiatives to generate higher sales and increase customer footfall
- You will be required to deliver the budgeted targeted GP for the pub which will be measured formally monthly and will be managed and monitored via the GP tracker and reviewed on a weekly basis with the Pub Manager and Director
- To minimise wastage through management and preparation of produce
What our client are looking for
- Passion for food. Our client loves food and so do their customers. This is the reason most of them visit their pubs. It is essential to understand and to be passionate about great food.
- Self-motivation and drive. To always be enthusiastic and dedicated and to ensure that this motivation is filtered through the kitchen and front of house team.
- Honest, dedicated and hard working
- To have flair, ambition and the will to succeed and overcome challenges.
- Fun, inspiring and enthusiastic personality who takes real pride in achieving exceptional customer service results
- To have the dedication, patience and skills to develop staff within your team
- Have good communication skills and be able to liaise effectively even under pressure
- Proficient in IT with an understanding of spread sheets.
Our clients support to you
- Competitive salary
- Targeted bonus scheme
- Private health insurance plan
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- 25% discount on food and drink in all our client’s pubs for up to 4 people
- Be part of our charity days and events
- Flexible working and guaranteed three days off over Christmas
- 4% Pension contribution
- Gym discount with Anytime Fitness
- Refer a friend scheme
If you would like to be considered for the Head Chef role then please click ‘APPLY’ below.