The Arundel Surgery
Place of Work
The Arundel Surgery, Green Lane Close, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9HG
Five weeks holiday plus bank holidays (Pro rata)
The Practice Manager and Doctors.
Summary of Roles and Objectives
- When applicable open and prepare the premises for work in the morning. Lock up and secure the premises at night or for the weekend.
- Registration of patients with the practice and provision of relevant information.
- Receive patients at reception desk, make appointments, answer queries and give out information and results as appropriate.
- Open incoming mail and distribute as appropriate, prepare for scanning. Prepare mail for posting.
- To efficiently answer the telephone within practice guidelines. Make appointments or take messages over the telephone, take requests for visits recoding these messages accurately and clearly.
- Deal with prescription requests by email, electronically, fax or in person.
- Dealing with results for patients including practice notes on the EMIS clinical System and Docman.
- Prepare and tidy consulting rooms, examination rooms and waiting room when required, including restocking where necessary.
- Oversee the waiting room and direct and help patients accordingly.
- Extract medical records from filing system when required.
- Clerical work associated with the Authorities, ie return of medical records etc.
- Preparation of medical records of new patients on receipt.
- Any other clerical duties as directed by the Practice Manager or Partners.
- Helping with refreshments and washing up as appropriate.
- Attending statutory and mandatory training at the practice or on-line.
It is necessary to observe total confidentiality about the information acquired from working in the practice. Any breach will bring about instant dismissal.
The Surgery can provide work of an interesting and challenging nature, it is essential to have an awareness of the sensitivity required. Flexibility concerning work hours is required. All receptionists are expected to share any extra hours required to cover for sickness and holidays, and occasionally due to patient demand.
It is essential that receptionists are full members of the primary health care team and are able to work under pressure.
To apply please email your CV along with a complete application form (attached below) to email@example.com