£14,625 per annum
The Haven Community Centre, Portsmouth
The Haven Nursery provides an outstanding caring, learning and development environment for 56 children aged 6 months - 4 years, as agreed by Ofsted in 2016. The Nursery is currently seeking a hard working Childcare Practitioner with childcare experience, preferably gained in a nursery environment.
- To provide an excellent standard of care and education, meeting each child’s individual needs.
- To ensure the environment is safe, secure and organised to promote the children’s learning and development.
- To encourage and develop good relationships with parents so that they are involved as much as possible in their children’s experiences in the Nursery.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent in childcare with commitment to continuing professional development
- Maths and English G.C.S.E at grade A-C
- Good understanding of child development and behaviour
- Knowledge of policies and procedures such as safeguarding, health and safety, food safety and paediatric first aid
- Well-developed communication skills and ability to use own initiative.
Working Hours: minimum 37.5 hours per week
Details: Monday to Friday Shifts - 8am-4.30pm and 9am-5.30pm
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme and opportunities for further training
Appointment subject to satisfactory references and right to work in the UK and DBS check.
Closing date: 17th January 2018.
CVs will not be accepted.
Promoting equality in the workplace