Mechanical Engineer (Purpose built machinery)
Mechanical Engineer (Purpose built machinery) - Standard days
The Technical Development department currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team, reporting directly to the Senior Specialist.
Hours of work:
Monday – Thursday 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Friday 8.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
The main duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Mechanical assembly of new automation machinery.
- Mechanical improvements to assemblies during assembly.
- Creation of technical documentation:
- Operation manuals. Maintenance manuals.
- Compilation of the Technical manual.
- Achieve objectives/targets outlined in the annual section business plan.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering schematics (Electrical & Mechanical).
The successful candidate must have:
- HNC/D Qualification.
- Basic machining skills (Turning / Milling / Grinding) & Electrical / Control wiring assembly skills are both a distinct advantage.
• Pension Scheme up to 12 % employer contributions.
• Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary.
• Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme.
• 31 days holiday (incl Bank holidays).
• Discounted Manchester United home game tickets.
• Discounted Epson products and consumables.
• Onsite occupational health, physiotherapist and counsellor services.
• Company Sick Pay scheme.
• Free secure parking onsite.