Grounds Maintenance Contract Manager
Grounds Maintenance Contract Manager
Salary ranging from £38,500 up to £55,000 depending on experience, plus pension, 20 days holiday. Company 4x4 vehicle provided.
NT Killingley Limited is an award-winning landscape company. A family run business that has over 140 full time employees. We are currently looking to recruit a Grounds Maintenance Contracts Manager.
Due to continued growth we are seeking a committed Contracts Manager to help build an already successful and profitable department. The Grounds Maintenance department is currently effectively managed by a Site Manager, but we are looking to expand further into both existing and new markets. An important part of the role will be to effectively grow the department further and the candidate will be expected to open up these opportunities by bringing strong experience to the company in the commercial grounds maintenance sector. Working within a well organised, managed and supportive environment, you will be an important part of the future management team. In co-operation with your Director, Senior Contract Manager, Estimator and Quantity Surveyor, you will need to ensure that all targets are achieved and effectively manage all contracts under your control.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Site Health and Safety and training requirements are met and manage the grounds maintenance contracts in an efficient and productive manner. You will also be responsible for your teams and their equipment, also ensuring client satisfaction targets are met, as well as the company financial ones. Effective communication is critical at all levels along with a strong personality and proven sales record within the sector.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- High level of further Education or work experience.
- SMSTS/IOSH qualified would be ideal.
- Be able to demonstrate suitable experience in Grounds Maintenance.
- Have good experience at a Site Management level or above in suitably large or complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent commercial management skills and awareness.
- Excellent contractual management skills and awareness.
- Personable. A team player.
- Application and conformance to company ethos and a strong display of company values.
- Managing contracts to achieve or exceed the planned gross profit margin.
- Programming levels of output to meet deadlines and ensuring production systems are developed properly and implemented.
- Ensuring programme compliance and looking for and managing programme risk so there are no unexpected production failures and profits are maximised.
- Understanding contract types, contract terms and particular risks and opportunities with each contract type.
- Complete and quote for simple tenders.
- Complete tenders alongside Estimating Department
- Plan systems of production programming and cost controls.
- Control quality and ensure standards are understood and implemented including quality sign off systems and samples.
- Motivating employees and setting standards.
- Line Management of site Manager.
- Briefing foremen to carry out duties in the absence of the Site Managers (where necessary).
- Input to systems improvements.
- Represent the company at a senior level.
- Retaining customers on an ongoing basis.
- Correctly forecasting resource requirements such as labour, plant, machinery, vehicles and materials for all sites.
- Building new customer relationships and securing new contracts.
Please apply by emailing your CV or application form to email@example.com . Suitable applicants will be given an interview as soon as possible.
Equality & Diversity statement –
N T Killingley Ltd is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. The company will avoid unlawful discrimination in all aspects of employment including recruitment and selection, promotion, transfer, opportunities for training, pay and benefits, other terms of employment, discipline, and selection for redundancy and dismissal.