Finance Director (CFO) Needed
Finance Director (CFO) – Edinburgh Scotland
E-commerce Whisky Companies and Physical Luxury Whisky Company
Position Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Gallery Alcohol Trading Group and Cask 88 Trading Ltd are fast-growing and fast thinking whisky companies that specialize in old and rare Japanese, Irish and Scottish whisky with a field presence in more than 5 countries with a strong client portfolio in Edinburgh, Tokyo, Singapore, China and Russia. Since its founding in 2012 Cask 88 has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are seeking a Finance Director to help with our continued growth of all 6 companies and future projects as well as looking after the founders personal requirements. Comfortable working in the day to day, whilst holding the purse-strings to balance the needs of all stakeholders, you will need to be robust, strong-willed, and have solid experience of success in a similar entrepreneurial environment.
Companies are registered in Singapore and UK and founders live in Spain so an understanding of tax and accounts in each of these territories a must.
Reporting & Supervision: The Finance Director will report to the company founders (a married couple)
- Track and plan for both recurring e-commerce and individual client sales receipts
- Operate the daily cashflow tracker and control payables to match funding and keep on top of central overheads
- Prepare daily payables for approval at the bank
- Advise on cash availability at all times to enable purchasing and re-investment
- Full ownership of the Xero accounting system and structure of accounts
- Ensure book-keeping and bank reconciliations up to date
- Establish inventory controls and valuation
- Develop and enhance financial controls to be flexible yet fit with changing priorities
- Ensure no compliance issues by liaising with overseas accountants and tax advisors
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for all companies and e-commerce sites.
- Liaise between founders, directors, CEO and regional offices.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of expenses.
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required.
- Track the transfer of funds between purchasing and the suppliers, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial projects and activities.
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to policies and procedures.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Maintain financial and contractual files.
- Develop financial procedures manual.
- Provide financial management and advice and look after personal tax matters for founders.
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of turnover, expenses and budget information.
- Ensure each company has standalone individual accounts.
- Work with outsourced logistics providers to ensure correct reporting and paperwork for accounting and VAT returns
- Take the lead on the pending VAT registration of UK business and research required information for accurate VAT returns re exports
- Own and submit VAT returns
- Work with Singapore based accountants to ensure that all external statutory reporting up to date and requirements in place
- Advise on business structure around tax efficiencies and best process
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in senior financial management positions.
- Knowledge of UK, Spanish and Singapore tax and accounting rules and regulations.
- Prior work in our regions is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English.
Salary ; Negotiable based on experience and candidate
Please click the apply button to email your CV