Qualified Part Time and flexible supply Nursery Nurses
Newcastle upon Tyne and Sunderland
Competitive rates of pay
We have current vacancies for part time and flexible supply nurses based at our Newcastle and Sunderland Nurseries. You will be joining professional, friendly teams and will provide effective EYFS support and outstanding childcare
You must be qualified to at least NVQ3 or equivalent and be an excellent communicator with children, staff and parents alike. A highly rewarding career, working with an Award Winning team, in a well run and established business awaits the right candidates.
We have a policy of promotion from within and many of our supply staff go on to become full time members of the teams.
Nursery Nurse Job Description Purpose of Position
- To support the aims and objectives of the Nursery and assist in providing high quality care at all times displaying your enjoyment of being with children.
- To provide high standards of childcare and education, which includes the monitoring and reviews of provision and the ability to set appropriate limits for children.
- To create and maintain or provide a stimulating, safe and caring environment in which all children can develop emotionally and socially through individual attention and group activities.
- This company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- To promote the aims, objectives and the high standards of Nursery through your personal professionalism at all times to parents/carers, staff and visitors.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment which meets the needs of individual children from differing cultures, religious backgrounds and stages of development and to treat parents/carers as partners in care
- To be involved in the delivery of a comprehensive programme of activities, which relates to the individual needs of each child.
- To respect and understand the confidentiality of information received at all times. To deal sympathetically and diplomatically with parents/carers of present and prospective children and to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Through the Nursery’s Key Worker system to liaise with parents/carers and other family members to encourage them to participate in their child’s learning and development ensuring that the particular needs of children are met and that parental choice is considered.
- To ensure high standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained.
- To be involved in the delivery of stimulating play activities and opportunities and interact with children during play, rest and mealtimes.
- To comply at all times with Nursery policies and procedures always showing a professional approach and to make parents aware of these.
- To help children respect people of different race, ability, gender, religion and culture
Click on our website http://www.cedarsnursery.co.uk/work-with-us.html for a full job description and online application form or send your CV for the attention of Jean to email@example.com