Human Resources Assistant - Part Time
Part Time Human Resources Assistant – 2-3 years experience
- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Hours of Work:
- 22.5 per week
- Working three full days per week to include Monday and Friday
- 8.30am to 5.00pm or 9.00am to 5.30pm
- £25,000 pro rata
- Pension Scheme contributions matched up to 6% of annual salary
- Private Health Care
- 25 days annual holiday + bank and public holidays
We are the UK’s National Agency responsible for providing information and opinion on academic, vocational and professional qualifications from across the world. As the National Agency, managed on behalf of the UK Government, UK NARIC provides the only official source of information on international education, training systems, qualifications and skills attained outside the UK. The Company also designs and delivers a variety of innovative international qualifications and skills recognition projects in the UK and globally.
We are a growing organisation with a trusted global reputation for excellence and innovation.
We are looking for an HR Administrator with 2–3 years general human resources experience to work in a very busy professional HR department who can blend readily into the existing team and be able to progress.
Working under the guidance of and reporting to the Human Resources General Manager, the HR Administrator will principally provide HR administrative support for:
- Corporate recruitment, referencing and induction processes
- Employee Relations including disciplinary, grievance and capability issues; maternity and absence cases
- The co-ordination of agreed corporate annual staff training and development plans
- The co-ordination of corporate annual events
- The production of regular absence reports and ad hoc confidential HR staffing information reports as requested to the standard and deadline specified
- Effective maintenance of HR Database and HR Staff List
- Undertaking DSE risk assessments
- Providing general office administration support as/when needed
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis.
- A UK degree
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 and / or Level 5
- Minimum of 2–3 years general HR Administration experience including recruitment
- Experience of working in Education
- Practical understanding of UK employment legislation and HR best practice
- Excellent team working skills, with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent English Language skills, verbal, and written (Minimum IELTS Level 7)
- Methodical and conscientious with meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure, using own initiative as well as working closely and effectively with other staff at all levels
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, adaptable and willing
- Ability to co-ordinate and effectively prioritise a varied workload, experience of working to competing deadlines and ensuring maintenance of high quality standards.
- IT literate, able to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; create reports, build databases, and analyse figures.
Closing Date: 31st January 2018 5.00pm
Interview Date: 13th February 2018