|Employer:||Jubilee Childrens Centre|
|Location:||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|Sector:||Health/Social Care & Nursing|
|Salary:||£18,431.40 per annum|
Looking for the chance to improve the lives of children and families in Calderdale?
Then this is how you could do it...
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
37.5 hours per week - £18,431.40 per annum
In Central Halifax
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic team member, committed to supporting vulnerable families.
Working directly with parents, carers and children you will help them manage
challenging situations, improving the quality of their lives and opportunities.
You will need:
- A professional qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above in childcare or equivalent (or keen to work towards this)
- Considerable experience of working with children, young people and families
- Considerable experience of engaging and working with families
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children aged 0-18
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with multi-agency colleagues
- A non-judgemental, patient and sensitive approach to families under stress
- A willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, which will involve weekend/evening work
- The ability to work from other Children’s Centres within Central Calderdale area
- A full driving licence and the use of a car for work
Safeguarding children is a priority for Halifax Opportunities Trust. This post is subject to satisfactory references from the last 3 years of employment and an enhanced DBS check
Closing date for applications is 23 rd January 2018 @ 5:00pm
For an informal discussion regarding the above post please contact Penny Wilson on 01422 434971
To apply, please visit our website on www.regen.org.uk and download an application pack
Halifax Opportunities Trust is an accredited organisation of the Living Wage Foundation