Tractor Driver / General Farm Worker
JOB TITLE: Tractor Driver / General Farm Worker
LOCATION: Bedford, Bedfordshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive dependent on skills and experience
WORKING HOURS: Full Time – Monday to Friday (39 hours per week plus overtime available)
THE COMPANY: Our client are farming specialists that has been farming in the Bedfordshire area since 1927 . The farmed area is around 2000 acres and produces Wheat, Potatoes and Onions across various farms within a 12 mile radius of the home farm at Chicksands and are now seeking an experienced Tractor Driver / General Farm Operative to join their existing team. Tractors used are mainly John Deere 6930 / 6150R models all with JD RTK GPS plus a few other non JD brands for light duties around the yard.
THE ROLE: As a Tractor Driver / General Farm Worker you will report to the Farm Manager. This role will involve a range of tractor operations and also require you to assist also with general farm work and other tasks as instructed by the Farm Manager. Successful applicants would need to be prepared to work overtime during busy periods.
Key Responsibilities for the Tractor Driver / General Farm Worker role in Bedford, Bedfordshire include:
- Daily maintenance and basic servicing of machines
- All farm staff are issued with a company phone, they are required to record daily tasks and records as required
- Estate maintenance as required
- Preparation of onion and potato seed beds which will involve the use of de-stoners, bedformers, bedtillers etc.
- Irrigation of Farm with booms and rain guns
- Subject to certificates & previous experience, possible relief spraying
- Variable rate fertiliser application
- Onion topping (not by hand!) and windrowing
- Onion and potato carting back to stores
- Ploughing & Compost application
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the Tractor Driver / General Farm Worker must be a hard working and reliable person who has previous experience working with vegetable crops or within the agriculture or farming industry. You must have a valid UK driving licence and be confident in driving a Tractor. Ability to be flexible and work overtime during busy periods is essential as is the ability to be organised and work using your own initiative where required.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Tractor Driver / General Farm Worker role in Bedford, Bedfordshire :-
- Must be hard working, organised and reliable person
- Valid UK Driving licence is essential
- Must be able to be flexible with working hours and work occasional overtime
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.