We are currently seeking additional staff due to a recent expansion and we are able to offer both day and night shifts. We offer a competitive salary of up to £9 per hour, as well as Paid brakes, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Support to complete a SQV in health & social care and free parking. On top of this you will be working in a supportive and friendly team where you will be able to develop your own skills everyday.
Care Assistants are highly valued members of the care team. Main duties of the role relate to the daily personal care of residents. Providing high standards of care to all residents under the guidance of the qualified staff.
- Providing individualised support to meet the daily care needs of each resident .
- Attends to the comfort, personal appearance and hygiene of residents at all times. Including dressing and undressing, toileting, bathing, combing hair, assisting with dentures and hearings aids.
- Support each resident to remain as active and independent as possible while still ensuring their care requirements are met.
- Reporting to the Person in Charge all matters relating to resident’s care.
- Work as a part of team to ensure all tasks within the Home are covered and support colleagues to learn and develop within their roles.
- Have positive and effective communications with residents, relatives and colleagues.
- Respect the residents; right to choose, privacy and dignity and be sensitive to each person’s needs as an individual.
- Assist with the reception and orientation of new residents in a reassuring manner, listing the resident’s clothing and other property.
- Prepares food trays and eating areas, prepares residents for meals. Feeds, or assists with the feeding of residents as needed. Clear away trays and crockery.
- Tidies residents’ rooms and cupboards, keeping clothing and possessions in order.
- Makes beds and changes bed linen. Disposes of soiled linen in accordance with Home procedures.
- Escorts residents to shops or approved excursions. Assists with social care needs.
- Any other reasonable task requested by a supervisor or manager which is within your competence.
- Complete care assistant elements of care planning process.
- Comply with all Home policies and procedures which relate to the care service.
This Job Description is not exhaustive and may change to meet the needs of the care service. It should be used in conjunction with the aims and objectives required in the Orientation and Training Programme.