An exciting opportunity has arisen for a House Steward to join our Estate.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Competitive salary of £25,000 per annum, dependent upon experience.
- Accommodation & Utility Bills included
- 30 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Beautiful working environment
The House Steward is a multifactual role and has responsibility for providing butler services, as well as providing general house maintenance and overseeing contractors at the main house for the family in residence.
The post holder will ensure an overall professional, confidential and efficient service is provided to the owners and resident agent. They will also take the lead on security, form part of the duty security team and undertake associated duties and responsibilities.
The post holder will undertake maintenance and repair work within Deene Park to agreed standards, in line with Health & Safety guidelines and to agreed budgets and deadlines.
The post holder would also be required to live in Deene Park House, to ensure proper performance of their duties.
This is a permanent position working full time – weekend work included.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and professional individual who is passionate about ensuring their work is produced to the highest standard.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills:-
- Previous experience of working in a similar role (Butler/House Manager/Maintenance & Contractor coordinator)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Skills in relation to receiving and attending to guests including silver service
- Ability to cook and serve meals as required in the absence of the resident Chef
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent organisational, planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Available to work flexibly and travel as appropriate in order to meet the needs of the Estate
- Ability to appraise contractors and consultants
- Ability to formulate and implement comprehensive policies and procedures & reviewing their effectiveness
- Experience of managing programmes of work and projects within allocated budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills with a flexible approach to work
- Experience in House management in a multi-activity, multi-site organisation
- Ability to deal with employees and external clients/people/guests at all levels
- Supervisory experience
- Full clean driving licence
Deene Park is the beautiful home of the Brudenell family situated in East Northamptonshire. We are handling the initial recruitment process on their behalf.
If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days of the advertised closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.