Education & Learning Co-ordinator
EDUCATION AND LEARNING COORDINATOR (ELC)
Grade 9:10, SCP 41 – SCP 50
£26,817.00 – £31,991.00 per annum
40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
1 Based at Argent College, Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham
1 Based at Glasshouse College in Stourbridge
The overarching aim to the Education Learning Coordinator is to coordinate the educational provision for the student while on their journey through practical skills therapeutic education. Education Learning Coordinators will primarily seek to collect data, both qualitative and quantitative, in order to plan, instigate and maintain an educational programme for each student under their care. In doing this, ELCs’ prime objective is to coordinate the relevant persons and/or departmental teams within the college in order to facilitate and progress each student towards their set goals.
The Education Learning Coordinators will be instrumental in ensuring the efficacy of Practical Skills Therapeutic Education (PSTE) through devising a strategy to support students through the resistance that PSTE presents. In this regard, ELCs are the spine of the educational provision at the College in that they bring together through collaboration all the vital components of the college including the therapeutic, residential, tutor, safeguarding and senior management teams as well as the local authority of each student.
- To ensure that the PSTE study programme developed for all students within their caseload is realised within the provision;
- To ensure that students are aware of their progression through the stages and sub-stages of the three stages of a PSTE curriculum and for them to understand how to progress to each stage;
- To work closely with both Tutors and Learning Assistants in adhering and understanding the progression of students through the three stage PSTE curriculum;
- To work closely with the admissions team as well as the local authority in initially setting long term goals and possible destination placements;
- In collaboration with admissions, therapeutic, transitions and safeguarding team to oversee the writing of an individual learning plan (ILP) for each student in their designated group.
For further information on this role–please refer to the job description and person specification.
Closing date: Wednesday 31st January 2018, Midday
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.