Assystem are currently recruiting for Manufacturing Engineers to be based on a key client site in Derby.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the methods of manufacture deliver a final product, conforming to stringent nuclear standards while also meeting cost, delivery and productivity targets. You will work closely with production, design and quality as well as external suppliers when required.
- Responsibility for the methods of manufacture of high integrity nuclear components.
- Deliver manufacturing improvements required to meet operational targets for quality, cost and delivery.
- Review customer requirements, drawings and specifications and co - ordinate manufacturing engineering activities relating to the components.
- Support manufacturing teams with understanding Right First Time (RFT) and apply suitable problem solving techniques to establish root causes of non-conformance and hence improve quality.
Manufacturing Engineer | Engineer | Nuclear | RFT |Mechanical assemblies | Heavy Fabrication
- Degree/HND qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Highly driven and self-motivated to drive for results and continuously improve and confident in leading change in cross functional teams.
- Good judgement and attention to detail.
- An appetite for learning and an ability to take on new technical information quickly.
- Willingness to work flexibly in a challenging environment.
- A sound understanding and practical experience of manufacturing improvement projects/process improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to perform structured problem solving (e.g. 7-Step / 8D Root Cause Analysis).
- Experience of quality planning tools and processes, lean manufacturing, six Sigma and project management would be beneficial.
- The ideal candidate would have experience of heavy fabrication and welding techniques, CNC machining, NDE, and/or assembly of precision valves and mechanical assemblies.
Security: Please be aware that due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance.
About Our Company:
Assystem are an engineering design consultancy who work on a number of projects that typically encompass the complete design life cycle from enquiry through to commissioning and handover of the final project requirements; many involving new and novel solutions to today's engineering problems.