Children's Support Worker/Senior
Are you an experienced Children’s Support Worker or Senior Support worker in the New Malden area of South West London looking for a rewarding career? Do you have experience supporting children and young people with learning disabilities or autism?
We are looking for passionate and inspirational individuals to join our client, a specialist residential and educational provider for children with learning disabilities and autism. Our client’s vision is to deliver high quality, person centred care in a residential setting to achieve positive outcomes and sustained achievement for all of their service users.
As a Children’s Support Worker or a senior support worker, you will go the extra mile for every individual, providing care and support on a day to day basis. Your responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting each individual through their education as well as supporting them with lifestyle choices.
- Encourage children to take part in social activities, build friendships with peers and pursue their hobbies.
- Offer ongoing support enabling them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- Form strong bonds with each child, building confidence and self-esteem.
What experience will you need?
- To be a Children’s Support Worker or a senior support worker you will ideally have at least 6 months experience working with children and young people with Learning Disabilities or Autism.
- You must also be willing to complete a level 3 in Residential Childcare, for a senior you must already have this qualification.
- Above all you will have the passion, motivation and dedication to support each individual through the bad and the good!
Hours, salary & benefits:
- Full time hours - a maximum of 40 hours per week
- Shifts include, 7am – 3pm, 2pm – 10pm, waking nights, 10pm – 8am
- Hours will include, morning, afternoon and evening shifts, including alternate weekends.
- Support worker rates £9.25- £9.75 per hour DOE. Senior Support worker rates £10.60-£10.85 per hour
- Excellent training and career development opportunities.
You will be joining a company who are friendly and value all their staff and offer great career opportunities. If you are excited about this role as a Children’s Support Worker and would like further information, then please click on apply and we will contact you to discuss further!