Junior UX Designer
Would you be interested in a rewarding and challenging new role, working with a renowned publishing brand?
We are currently recruiting for a Junior UX Designer to join our dedicated team in Bingley on a fixed term contract for 12 months.
This is an exciting opportunity to employ user research, user interface design, and user testing to transform abstract business problems into elegant and customer-focused solutions.
As a Junior UX Designer, you will be working with a dynamic, cross-functional team to realise product visions, providing your expertise through conceptual, investigative and approval phases. After launch, you will be involved in the delivery of iterative improvements to ensure optimum user satisfaction.
If you're ready to join a thriving digital team, and a company that actively encourages a positive work-life balance, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Facilitate the realisation of product visions by researching, sketching, prototyping and user-testing intuitive experiences for digital products.
- Translate business concepts into sitemaps, customer journey maps, wireframes, paper prototypes and screen mock-ups.
- Develop concepts in line with technical capabilities, usability standards, best practices and business strategy.
- Produce engaging visualisations built upon the processes of user-centred design, and optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Design and execute user research plans, incorporating both in-person and remote interviewing/surveying techniques.
- Generate quick schematics and mock-ups for rapid deployment in market testing.
- Research and analyse targeted competition to determine the competitive environment with regards to content presentation and the implications for our own product portfolio.
- Identify design problems within our product portfolio and produce strategic and commercially viable user-experience solutions.
- Participate in product development discussions that take concepts through to pilot.
Junior UX Designer | UX Software | UX Designer | User Experience | Sketch | In Vision | Adobe Creative Suite | Balsamiq | Testing
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite and Balsamiq.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design user experiences that meet both business and customer expectations.
- Knowledge of the production of user-centred design, user testing plans, A/B testing, heuristic analysis and iterative prototyping.
- Knowledge of the design and execution of market testing plans, incorporating both in-person interviews and remote testing.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in digital product development, and the ability to translate this knowledge into actionable and commercially relevant recommendations.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design decisions, processes, ideas and solutions to both business stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to synthesise abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
Behaviours and Attributes:
- Curiosity - shows a keen interest in developing a deep understanding of our wider product portfolio and global customer base.
- Ambition - adopts a growth mindset, experiments with new ideas, and continuously strives to improve ways of working.
- Purpose - takes ownership for delivering projects to a high-standard, proactively engaging users and colleagues in a positive way.
- Some domestic and foreign travel may be required for 4-5 days at a time, once every 2 months.
- Experience working in, or an understanding of, lean/agile product development.
About Our Company:
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
Emerald Publishing was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
What matters to us:
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what's possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.