Are you a finance professional looking for a role within an ambitious international business?
Emerald Publishing have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Executive to join a driven and forward thinking team who pride themselves on promoting a positive, motivational work environment, encouraging personal development at all levels. This role is on a fixed term contract for 6 months.
Reporting to the Transactions Team Leader, you will take responsibility for all accounts payable transactions for all UK suppliers, and some transactions for our worldwide branches. As well as this you will be responsible for reviewing the existing processes and suggesting improvements. As a Finance Executive, you will also provide the opportunity to cover employee expenses administration and petty cash through our team buddy system.
About The Role:
You will have the opportunity to act as liaison, networking with our finance departments across 5 continents, along with the traditional tasks, relating to the efficient processing and maintenance of the Accounts Payable ledger. We are currently in the process of introducing a purchase order system and this would provide an exciting opportunity to help shape this new process to meet the business requirements.
- Maintain purchase ledger using electronic uploads and manual input.
- Implementing efficiencies to minimise the number of manual entries on the purchase ledger.
- Ensure all invoices are billed and approved correctly with the correct VAT treatment applied.
- Maintain supplier accounts.
- Regular reconciliation of supplier statements to the purchase ledger in line with Group policy.
- Obtaining accurate foreign bank account details, along with efficient query resolution.
- Regular payment runs.
- Assisting with the current implementation of the Purchase Order Process through testing the process and software functionality.
- Ongoing monitoring of the purchase order process and investigation of any process discrepancies.
- Dealing with employee expense claims and credit cards.
- Dealing with both internal and external queries.
- Performing month end accounts payable reconciliations.
Finance Executive | Assistant | Administrator | Finance | Accounts Payable | Purchase Ledger | Data Entry | VLOOKUP | WebExpenses
- Purchase ledger experience, including supplier reconciliations and purchase order processing.
- Experience in uploading data into accounting systems.
- Strong communication skills written and verbally with both external and internal parties.
- Experience in expense claim processing.
- The ability to prioritise and change priorities at short notice.
- The ability to self-organise and time manage tasks to deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills to include being proficient in VLOOKUP, pivot tables.
- Demonstrate resilience in a changing environment.
- Ability to spot and solve problems, and communicate solutions and the benefits, back to the wider business.
- A tenacious individual who has the ability to work collaboratively with other departments and a wide variety of people.
- Excellent attention to detail and a flare for interpreting and analysing financial data.
- Problem solving mind-set that can handle and resolve complex issues.
- Experience in Microsoft Great Plains, Integration Manager and WebExpenses software is preferred
- Experience of implementing new business processes is preferred.
About Our Company:
Emerald Publishing was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
What matters to us:
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what's possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.