Area Manager covering West Yorkshire
Part time position – 30 hours per week
Salary £22,000 per annum pro rata
Working from Home with frequent travel
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference to young people’s lives. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with local schools, colleges and universities as well as working closely with our teams of local volunteers to consult on the supply & delivery of our unique programmes. The successful applicant will be a confident speaker, able to run workshops, presentations and especially deliver programmes & events effectively to wide ranging audiences.
You will need to have the ability to travel frequently throughout the West Yorkshire region. The nature of the job probably precludes the use of public transport for this and access to a car for business use is essential in return for a mileage allowance. Infrequent attendance at some evening meetings/events will also be necessary.
- Actively market, promote and sell Young Enterprise Programmes to new and existing schools, college or university partners in an assigned geographic area with the assistance of the Regional Manager.
- Work with the Regional Manager to identify, recruit and train volunteer business advisors and local YE Volunteer Board members from corporate and community sources.
- Proactively identify and generate sources of local income (corporate donations, local trusts etc.) to support YE programmes.
- Deliver or support the delivery of Young Enterprise activities in schools, colleges or universities through the direct delivery of larger programmes or supported delivery (volunteer led) of class based programmes
- Manage and monitor KPIs and local contracts associated with the above tasks through the regional operations plan set out by the Regional Manager.
- Work with the local YE Volunteer Board in their organisation and delivery of local fundraising and events
- A confident self-starter able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision but knowing when to consult with and inform others
- Experience of working in a sales and service delivery environments
- Excellent interpersonal, administration, organisational, report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation and team working skills.
- Confident use of the Internet as well as standard office IT packages.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please contact our Regional Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com to arrive not later than midday on Monday 29th January.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates are expected to take place in the Leeds or York area on Thursday 1st February.
Young Enterprise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).