Multi and Single Spindle Auto Setter / Engineer
Reporting to the manufacturing operation, the Multi and Single Spindle Auto Setter / Engineer will carry out full change overs on Wickman Index and BSA machines.
Produce machined parts by setting up and operating all machines for the Aerospace industry.
North West Precision combines a highly skilled workforce and state of the art machinery to produce high grade bespoke aerospace parts. With over 30 years of expertise and experience we deliver products that are right first time, every time.
1 Skills and Technical Requirements
- Change overs on Wickman Index and BSA machine
- Accurately interpret engineering drawings and work to close tolerances.
- Basic maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Sharing knowledge and experience, and support coaching and mentoring to new employees and apprentices.
- Provide technical support to other members of the team as and when required.
2 Leadership of the Company
- Develop a strong understanding of the aerospace sector and company specific requirements to facilitate highly effective team working through the technical production and development cycle.
3 Health & Safety
- Adhere to and actively promote the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
4 Equality & Diversity
- Contribute to the importance of ethical behaviour within the workplace.
5 Quality Systems & Related Documentation
- Comply with the Quality Management System; ensure job related processes, procedures and documentation is available and understood as required for our AS9100 approval.
6 Environmental Awareness & Compliance
- Comply with the companies Environmental Management System and related documentation in support of the ISO14001 approval.
Qualifications/Training, Knowledge & Skills Required for Role
- Experience of the Aerospace, Automotive, manufacturing and Service Sector
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications, City & Guilds
- Familiarity with various materials – Aluminium, Steels, Stainless
- Team Player with the ability to work alone and use own initiative with minimum supervision
- Good numerical skills