Are you a Business Analytics expert?
Educated to degree level with a background in mathematics, statistics or economics?
Are you looking for an exciting new role that is both challenging and rewarding?
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Insight Analyst to join a multi-award winning financial services company, based in Reigate, Surrey. Following a recent acquisition by a global leader in credit management services, this role offers an environment which is both challenging and progressive.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics, the Insight Analyst's role will form part of a dedicated team responsible for delivering a range of analytical projects to improve business operations and efficiency through champion challengers, optimization analysis and segmentation.
The desired individual will demonstrate strong communication and problem solving skills, and have proven experience of SAS/SQL within a consumer Collections or Risk environment.
As an Insight Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivering clear and informative analysis
- Influencing on-going communications with key senior business stakeholders
- Designing and running a variety of appropriate trials using experimental design
- Performing detailed analysis of the outcome of these trials and present conclusions
- Using appropriate analytical techniques to analyse the effectiveness of our contact strategies
- Expanding 1st Credit's use of credit bureau data and other third party data to assist with the segmentation of customers into appropriate contact strategies
- Working with operational managers to improve existing strategies or implement new strategies
- Performing deep-dive analysis into specific portfolios
- Willing to challenge all aspects of pricing, analytical methods and outputs
- Ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of analysis and models
- Working with areas of the business to proactively identify opportunities for increasing value
- Staying curious and enthusiastic about using new analytical techniques to solve problems
- Ensuring all data is managed securely, maintained appropriately and analysed correctly
Insight Analyst | Business Insight | Data Analytics | Data | Data Management | SAS | SQL | Macros | Finance | Financial Services
- Educated to degree level with a background in mathematics, statistics or economics
- Working in a business analytics role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to impart knowledge to others in a clear and concise manner
- Strong Leader and willing to collaborate with others.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise and work on a number of projects at once
- Working knowledge of SAS and/or SQL e.g. knowledge of arrays, macros, working with and manipulating large data sets
- Knowledge of Excel e.g. cell manipulation, formula, pivot tables, ability to handle large data records
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including working with Macros
- Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research desirable
- Good understanding of the laws and regulations relating to Debt Collection activities. (Consumer Credit Act / LSB / FCA / CSA
- Working within the Consumer Collections or Credit Risk industry
About Our Company:
1st Credit is the UK presence of Intrum, an award winning global financial services business, operating within credit management, debt purchase and collection. We will purchase customer credit accounts from leading UK banks and other lenders. We will work with our customers to provide the most appropriate outcome for them. This may range from creating individual, bespoke repayment plans if this is appropriate, or agreeing a period of time for the customer to get their finances in order. Our culture is based on ethical practices, fair treatment and creating a positive customer experience.
We are the only company within the industry to receive an exceptional Gold accreditation from Investors in Customers for four consecutive years. We are also proud of the support and development our employees receive within 1st Credit, evidenced by our Gold award for Investors in People in 2017.