HR Officer, Human Resources, Belper, Salary £18,000 - £20,000
HR Officer wanted to join and complement this small team of HR professionals within a successful, growing HR outsource business based in Belper. The team support a client base across the North Derbyshire area and now need to recruit a HR Officer to ensure provision of an excellent local, personal service to these companies.
The HR Officer will be responsible for providing HR advice to customers within the realms of their knowledge and supporting colleagues with HR cases / advice / projects where required.
This is a busy and varied role which will require a degree of flexibility and a willingness to travel to our other offices or offices of our customers when on-site support is required.
HR Officer Main Duties:
- Telephone Response - To answer incoming calls and take details of advice requested. Log all advice calls on the CRM system. Where advice falls within the realm of your knowledge and experience provide this or, where necessary, source appropriate advice from HR Manager or MD. Where appropriate, relay advice and send e-mail draft letters and forms ensuring Sugar is updated for audit trail.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with advice line clients.
- Support of customer recruitment to ensure that customer deadlines are met in respect of shortlisting/interview schedules, utilising administrative support as much as possible.
- Writing/updating contracts of employment and company handbooks for new clients.
- Supporting colleagues with HR projects as required.
- Setting up Toolkit (online HR system) for clients and managing their queries.
- Attending events on occasion.
- Liaising with third party providers e.g. occupational health, payroll, recruitment agencies etc.
- Management of colleagues’ emails in their absence.
- Tracking incoming work to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Maintain Sugar records with own ‘opportunities’
- Upsell where possible with clients – e.g. offer on-site support at meetings, and providing solutions for problems such as Occupational Health/Toolkit etc.
- Maintain CPD and enhance employment law knowledge by attending regular CIPD events, legal updates etc.
- Generally support colleagues to enhance their own development.
HR Officer Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of CIPD level 3.
- Enthusiastic person who is passionate about HR and providing first class customer service.
- Experience within an HR administrative role.
- Basic HR Advisory experience.
- Basic employment law knowledge.
- Great organiser and communicator.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- A passion for working within HR and growing our business.
- IT literate – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Enjoy working as part of a small close team.
This role profile is not exhaustive, it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
Once you have submitted your CV, please complete the comments box and tell us why you think you are the perfect candidate for this position.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.