Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion
5 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking for part-time hours and want to make a difference? Maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion could be perfect for you.
No experience is required as excellent training is provided. We have part-time jobs available in the Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Burnage, Stretford, Didsbury, West Didsbury, Urmston, Old Trafford, Flixton and Trafford Park areas of Manchester.
It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. We have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. They are also one of the top 20 care providers in the North West, which is amazing.
This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for cream tea and talking about your memories!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to one or two Older Adults in your local area and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Assisting with personal care which may include washing and dressing;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Been a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- £9.00 - £18.00 per hour, plus up to 45p per mile mileage allowance;
- Part-time hours are available (unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work);
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- Referral bonus;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Excellent training is provided;
- Support and funding towards further qualifications including NVQ Level 2 and Dementia training, as we want to invest in your future;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity to become a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion we want to hear from you. Within our organisation if you shine opportunities are created. We have ambitious plans for the future and you could be part of that!
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
Apply for Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly