Are you an experienced Credit Control professional?
Have excellent attention to detail?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team in our business based in Marlow. This role is a permanent position for an experienced Credit Controller who is looking for an end to end Credit Control vacancy.
Working alongside the Credit Manager and team you will play a key role in reducing the Debtor Ledger balances through the effective management of relationships and communications with our customers. In addition to dealing with customer queries and payments you will be responsible for the production and sending of statements, ad-hoc sales ledger duties and working closely with internal and external stakeholder to manage debt.
We are a small, close knit team that support each other, working collaboratively to deliver first class service. Lead by our Senior Financial Controller, our teams are divided into 4 key transactional functions, treasury, accounts payable, credit control and payroll.
We are not a typical finance department. For starters we are not dull or boring, we are forward thinking and innovative and we take pride in delivering and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer, as well as keeping a close eye on the Whistl purse strings because our core fundamental belief is that every successful business needs strong financial management that enables them to make good business decisions. And that is what we do best.
- To take an active role in reducing Debt, improve Cash flow and offer an exemplary level of customer service.
- Owning, professionally handling and successfully closing all customer service enquiries and escalating to the Senior Credit Controller where required.
- Overseeing the timely collection of service charges and associated credit control with appropriate support from the finance & legal teams where necessary.
- Maintaining effective contact with customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment, which will result in the timely collection of payments & debts.
- Proactively resolving queries both internally and externally with regard to outstanding invoices and applications.
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments.
- Processing Applications for payment and monitoring future payments.
- Providing the required supporting information for Credit Referrals.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all cases and ensuring all written processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To contribute as an individual within a structured finance team and be able to manage priorities and deliver team objectives.
Bonus Scheme, Company Pension Scheme, Other Company Benefits
Credit Controller | Controller | Credit | Finance | Accountancy | Accounts | Accounting | Credit Control
- Proven experience working within a Credit Control function is imperative to this role
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- Candidates must have prior experience of maintaining a Debtors List.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills including goal orientated, action focused, pragmatic, and disciplined
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to individuals, adapting communication style, amount and format based upon the level of seniority and/or understanding of the audience
- Possess strong communication and influencing skills both written and spoken. An ability to communicate at all levels
- A self-starter with a proactive approach and the ability to show initiative and work without supervision and direction
- Flexibility and adaptable
- Ability to motivate both direct team members and individuals within other departments as necessary to deliver objectives within agreed timescales
- Ability to deal with difficult and demanding stakeholders
- An excellent team player who is flexible and have empathy with team members whilst maintaining the focus necessary to achieve the required objectives
- Able to be a credible representative of the company with the in-depth knowledge of business processes
- Typically we would estimate that it would take a minimum of 2 years' experience in a Credit Control function to acquire the skills required for this role
- Prior experience using Navision would be advantageous.
- Previous experience and a good knowledge of the postal industry and its regulatory environment would be advantageous though not essential
- Educated to A level (or equivalent) is essential to this role
- ICM Qualification or working towards it is desirable
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items.
At the heart of everything we do is our customers and we pride ourselves on delivering innovative solutions and outstanding customer service in a dynamic industry.
At Whistl, we always try to find a way. We never say no if there's a chance of yes, and we believe challenges are there to be overcome. We think - and act - positive. And we always do the right thing. For our people, that means working as part of a team, supporting colleagues, respecting them and sharing knowledge.