Technical Product Manager - Data Science
Its a really exciting time at Perform group! We're a technology company leading the way in sports media and broadcasting and transforming how people watch sports through our full HD live & on-demand OTT sports product - DAZN
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to work on strategically important projects with high-profile internal and external brands (including ePlayer, Goal, Sporting News, Soccerway, Mackolik, DAZN, NBA and CONMEBOL), you will be passionate about enabling teams to deliver commercially-focused products within the sports industry.
The main areas of focus will be commercial and data products, being part of the team responsible for product development to drive monetization and activation of user data across Perform Media's properties.
Delivery focused and prepared to roll your sleeves up, you will proactively create user stories and help shape our data driven projects to enable optimal use of our data insights.
What will you be doing?
- Creating user stories and use cases that include appropriate level of technical requirements and an understanding of the stakeholder's objective. Liaising with other relevant product teams to raise user stories and use cases.
- Capturing requirements from stakeholders across the product, ad ops, commercial, BI and data science teams, including appropriate technical detail, and business goals
- Understanding the data and tech culture of the business, catch up on the latest technologies that the data engineering team is using, understand its advantages and shortcomings
- Developing and maintain core project documentation from inception, working with delivery stakeholders and project managers to estimate development effort and dependencies to inform timescales and budgets
- Coordinating internal communication, training briefings and supporting (handover) documentation ahead of product launches
- Delivering action-focused post-project reviews to improve future projects
What are we looking for?
- Data driven organisation experience, eg online platforms, social media, Ad Tech
- Proven experience working in projects that require the use of big data infrastructure
- Experience in Cloudera, Oozie and Spark
- Use of Data Science/BI/Analytics tools/languages such as Power BI, Google Data Studios, Python, Scala
- Demonstrable experience of delivering products and services projects preferably within an Agile/Scrum (experience of other methodologies beneficial)
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects on time, on budget and to agreed
- Proactive, committed and delivery-focused
- Must be able to work on own initiative and also work well as part of a team
- A commitment to personal and professional development
Bonus points for:
·Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience of JIRA and/or other project management support tools
Previous experience in working with ad tech related projects or previous experience working with ad funded web, app or OTT products
An interest in sports or digital sports publishing
An understanding of web/mobile technologies and trends
Whats in it for you?
You’ll receive up to 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme, and Childcare Voucher Scheme.
And there’s more…… You’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professionaldevelopment. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding Refer a Friend scheme. If you fancy a move abroad; Perform are currently seeking the best talent in a number of countries around the world!