Outstanding opportunity to join a global manufacturing business located in Cramlington.
Reporting to the senior accountant you will be assisting in the day to day cashiering, processing of payments through bank accounts and maintenance of SAP bank records.
Your duties will also include:
- Preparation of inventory reports
- Supporting the Finance team during month end close
- Manage Electronic & Cheque payments as and when required
- Maintain SAP bank transactions - all accounts
- Carry out bank reconciliations
- Generate weekly / monthly creditors reports
- Produce Debit balances - liaise with other Accounts Assistant as required
- Create weekly cash forecasts
- Prepare payment runs as requested by senior Finance Management ensuring documentation is accurate
- Prepare and maintain Creditor ageing analysis
- Prepare cash forecasts and updated positions consolidating all accounts of the company
- Inventory analysis & reporting (SPSL & Strides)
- Inventory provisions analysis and updating
- Returnable containers and sundry stock reporting and analysis.
- Ensure all manual payments are processed accurately to prevent risk of double payments
- Review of individual supplier accounts for unmatched payments and unusual items
- Liaise with suppliers and identify potential dispute or legal action causing product or service supply issues on a timely basis
- Other account support services and cover for the Finance Team as required
- Specifically - fixed assets/capital accounting, order settlements, AP & AR revaluations and exchange rate maintenance
It is likely you will be a qualified by experience or part qualified accountant with a working knowledge of accounts payable and skilled in the use of SAP.