Category Planning Coordinator
A Category Planning Coordinator is required by a major supermarket retailer to work within one of the category planning teams.Co-ordinating the category planning activity through partnering with the Trading team, brand and marketing teams, you will ensure that there is an understanding what the customers want.You will also assist the development of Category Strategies to meet and exceed these needs to deliver a competitive advantage.
The breadth of the category & level of newness present a varied & challenging opportunity for a strong Marketing or Trading Assistant, able to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks and communicate at all levels.
The role entails:
Responsibility for all category planning admin including:
- Owning the category activity plan to include: Range, Foyer, Event and Promotional activity
- Owning the category marketing/comms tracker: ensuring all marketing is captured by media by week
- Managing and providing nominations to Corporate Marketing for category activity
- Management of images and/or samples for photography and all media or events related requests
- Completing Event Block Plans for all seasonal events
- Support the delivery of the category specific Activity Plans and execution off all media comms/POS.
- Coordination of trader sign off on all creative inc. product and price
- Project support of all Events, Walkrounds, Showcases and Conferences.
- Experience in a similar position: Marketing Assistant or Trading Assistant
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to interpret and present data
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Great interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Computer literature with confident use of PowerPoint and Excel
- Price Integrity Training desirable