WZ Visitor Services, Car Parking Attendant
Position: WZ Visitor Services, Car Parking Attendant
(Full-Time / Permanent)
Salary: £7.85 per hour
Location: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo – LU6 2LF
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats.
This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is looking for a Car Parking Attendant to join our Retail & Admission team. We are looking for confident, dedicated individuals to help deliver the best possible experience for our visitors and ensure a positive first impression. This is vital for this role, as a Car Park Attendant is the first person a visitor sees, and your interaction is crucial to setting the tone of their day.
Although experience matters to us we are more focused on getting the right person for the role.
As a result, applicants will ideally have:
- A positive can-do attitude
- Good communication skills
- Be self-driven and passionate about selling
- Be a team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening/weekend and bank holiday shifts
- A general interest in animal conservation
Please note the hours for this position will vary depending on the season,
but we envisage them to be as follows:
- During term time, weekdays; 8:00 - 14:30
- During School Holidays, weekday and weekend work 8:00 - 18:30
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter and can do this by applying online via the ZSL website: www.zsl.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 3rd June 2018
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.